When you were hospitalized how long was it for

Well, tbh, if a med works, weight gain should be secondary. However, sometimes, it becomes a situation where you must address it. Case by case basis. Biggest key is to avoid caffeine and simple sugars. Focus on drinking lots of water because it fills you up, helps your organs deal with our harsh meds and is good for the body :hugs:

Sounds like good advice,I think lots of people dont take their medication because of the side effects and then find out the hard way they actually need it

1 Like

Because we are not properly educated! Boom, did I say that out loud?!?

I was hospitalized only on one occasion during 8 days.

1 Like

@katherine85 reeled me back in, ty. I havenā€™t been hospitalized in over 14 years. However, back in the day, they liked to keep you as long as possible

1 Like

Here in Spain they donā€™t keep people for so long. When they see you feel better, then they say you can go home.

1 Like

8 days is very short time to relapse

1 Like

Yes. Itā€™s very short time.

Sectioned for a month 9 years ago only time so far

Me, I was hospitalised for about a fortnight first time and three weeks second time. It does sound like a long time yea

I was hospitalized for a day once two they pumped me full of sleep medication and I was fine the next day

1 Like

I usually go into the hospital for 3-5 days. I go to public hospitals and the stay is always short. They donā€™t usually change my meds, they just hold me for legal reasons because I am complaning of symptoms. Thatā€™s my guess, anyway.

I was hospitalized once for 13 days.

I think you guys mean olanzapine.

Fist time was three weeks, then two and after that, youā€™re lucky to see me there for a few days. I cannot stand hospital and I discharge myself.

I have spent a total of 2-3 months in the hospital over 10 stays. Longest one was 3 weeks. This is only over the last 3 years. I was flip floppy with on and off meds and was very suicidal after losing my jobs, apartment and such but now i dont think ill be in the hospital again (at least for the foreseeable future).

Theres two other frequent flyers at the local psych ward. I think both of them have done over 6 months at a time. One of them is a genius apparently

3-7 days all 6 times.

Thatā€™s tough have you been able to find a job again.

I was once hospitalized for a month. But that was the longest. I usually stay for two weeks. Lately though, itā€™s been for no more than a week.

In the last time, (3 and half years ago) for 6 months! I wanted out but they didnā€™t let me to.

No, but I havenā€™t been trying to be honest. Up until a few weeks ago i was quite depressed. But Im going to begin looking for jobs as an apprentice mechanic on monday as well as learning on my own some of the basics. It is tough, but itll get better.