When is it time to just accept things as they are?

I was diagnosed about 12 years ago.

I’ve tried lots of different meds, and lots of different supplements.

Still, the last 2 weeks have been hellish. This is despite my best efforts to constantly improve things over 12 years.

I’m tired. It’s finally got to me.

Is it just time to accept the randomness of things? Time to accept that I’m as good as I’m going to get?

7 Likes

I hope things will get better for you @everhopeful.

3 Likes

Thanks @eighteyedspy23 .

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re not well. I know how frustrating it can be.

3 Likes

sorry man…I have not that problem. I feel for you…

1 Like

I would accept things as they are with hopes that science, some day, will cure schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder.

3 Likes

It is always time to accept things as they are -in the moment-. Never give up on improving. Besides, what else would you do with your time?

I felt this one, as I am going through the same thoughts.

2 Likes

Keep fighting. I do better than most and yet got a little physically sick a month ago and everything went out the window. My normally good routines got upset and threw me through a loop.

I think it’s hard to totally live positive with what we deal with but most times is better than not…so keep fighting for better function even if that means a little bit more exercise today. It all does help and you learn to surf the rough waves and ride them out to the calm.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. I wouldn’t give up though I might encourage acceptance, and adjusting expectations.

1 Like

Maybe, as long as that doesn’t mean letting yourself go in a bad way. Don’t close yourself off to new experiences. Try to enjoy life.

3 Likes

If you don’t actively implement changes in your life and do them then you have accepted the way things are.

It’s up to you to change things and improve your life, as harsh as these words may seem. It is you and no one else that can change things around. It takes effort and willingness to do new things, but unless you do then you have already accepted the things as they are and life is as good as over.

Get up! Exercise. Do that press up. Eat healthily. Learn how to cook. Get out and do photography. Do a college course on photo editing. Go for a walk. Travel anywhere. Just do something and not wallow in the mire of helplessness.

Change your life! It is up to you to do it…

2 Likes

The social/personal achievement aspect is a big one. I think we are handicapped in that aspect. But it´s difficult to realize. And sometimes you hit your head hard against a wall trying. But the wall isn´t gonna move.

1 Like

I haven’t done that yet. If I can’t make a big change I work on a small change. I let my walking slide over the past couple of months, getting back on top of that now. Also getting back on top of my photography, which I strayed from for the past year. Both feel good. There’s always a bit of wiggle room if you’re willing to shake yer booty.

:blush:

2 Likes

Never.

I always believe I’m going to get better.

Sometimes I’m right, sometimes I’m wrong.

But I always have my sights on better days.

Eventually, I do have better days and it all seems worth it.

It’s a cycle.

I’m sorry right now you’re feeling down, still, I don’t think you should lose hope or accept your fate.

You can change it.

3 Likes

I think it’s important to remember to be kind to yourself, especially with this illness.

It’s cyclical in nature, so the best we can do is to understand that it ebbs and flows, and be kind to ourselves when it’s a difficult period.

Acceptance of SZ as a chronic illness isn’t giving up-- it’s accepting that there will be good times and rough times, and that we may have certain limitations when things go a bit mucky.

Acceptance is hard-- we are all fighters here. But understanding that one is “allowed” to have bad days with this illness also allows us to be gentler on ourselves in the process.

Always aim for the best day you can, but be kind to yourself on the crappy ones.

Hope you feel better soon, @everhopeful :sunny:

3 Likes

There are good days, fair days and bad days.
Hang in there @everhopeful, good days will come.

3 Likes

i think it’s a combination in trying to improve small things but also accepting things as they are but keep working on improving.

Sorry to hear it has been hellish though… i hope you manage to improve still!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.