What's your place like?

We would love that! You can never have enough crazies under one roof :slight_smile:

the one thing about my flat that i hate is that it is cold bc there isnt a door between the living room and kitchen and all the heat just goes so i usually just lie on my two seater with the covers wrapped around me.

when i get my new permanent flat i want to fill a whole wall with my favourite things like a giant scrap book and the pictures and posters will be my wallpaper and i want to cut out newspaper articles as well and put them up and take them down when i feel like it lol.

If I ever moved, it would be to a bigger flat in this building. I love the location of this building. We’re on bit of a dead end point near the water. It’s one of those little pockets of odd buildings and houses that just go round and round. Not a lot of traffic noise. Since our beach is a bit cragged we don’t get many people hanging out like other beaches.

I live in the first house we’ve owned. Although really the bank owns it lol.we have three (small) bedrooms upstairs.There is a good sized living room with that fake woo that really looks real…the living room is sort of connected kitchen. The kitchen floor is very worn tiles. It’s my dream to redo the floor with that same composite stuff only one that looks like stone tiles. We have tons of bookshelves all filled to the max. My daughter owns over 700 books and I own more than she…we have a full sized basement that is partially finished… my husband’s drum set is down there about and my "gym"is down there too. It’s in a room that I’d redecorated and painted And put down the flooring. My paintings are all hung all over the house. The front of three house is glass and we have a large deck. The house needs a lot of work…and I don’t have the ability to do it anymore.

1 Like

I live with my mom.; She likes to keep her house up so it’s nice and neat with knick nacks and crafts on the walls and furniture, my room though is small and messy. i even sleep on a twin bed so i can have more room. I hate the house. , I’ve lived here for many years and i can’t wait to get my own place and decorate. maybe some day. :slight_smile:

I have an on again off again relationship with knick nacks.

Sometimes I box them all up in a state of agitation and just yell at myself… Why? why do I have all this damn junk? Ahhhhrrr… Who needs a ceramic llama? I have to get rid of it all or I’ll be buried under a pile of garbage.

I walk all the way out to the dumpster and then think… The llama is funny, and it was a gift. The big shell was from a really great day I had. So then I bring it all back in and put it back until next time.

3 Likes

i’m not a big nick nack person. i think i’m too cheap. i just think it’s a waste of money. My mom has pictures and knicknacks up. They look nice but it’s not my style. :slight_smile:

My place is a old 2 bedroom trailer but it is mine to live in until i die or have to go to a group home.

I have 2 new puppies/Rat Terriers and i keep seeing fleas on them but my friend/neighbor says she doesn’t see them so they are not real fleas.

I have a giant fenced in yard it is almost an acre.I live in between 2 dirt roads on dead ends.The neighbor on one road is my friend and helps me a lot with reality checks. Like making sure i keep my appointments and just asking how i am doing.

The neighbor on the other road hates me for some reason…

I usually stay on the good side of my yard where the good neighbor lives.

1 Like

Standard apartment with my furniture in it. It could really use a woman’s touch, and so could I really, lol.

I live in a small apartment, on the back of my in-law’s house. The wall and floor in the living room are painted blue. We have a queen size bed with head board that we rented from Aarons. At the foot of the bed is my uromastyx tank on a black coffee table then there is a stand and green chair next to it. My dresser has a cockatiel on top of it in a cage. then their is an older desk with my tiger salamander tank and our older tv with the cable box and DVDs on it. We have a large rug on the floor. The kitchen is pretty standard, small electric stove that isn’t even thought its not plugged in. In the kitchen is the three dog cages.

1 Like

my house has dog fur piled up all over the place from my dog… my husband’s dog has short hair… he still sheds and it shows up on your clothes though…

i wash the dishes every day but am bad about wiping down the counters…

i sleep most of the time so the house is a mess… it needs a good vaccuming…

my computer desk is cluttered with paper and mail…

i have a nice computer chair that my son bought me as a gift…

our bedroom and office are painted purple… dark purple… almost eggplant… our hallway is squash (yellow…kinda golden)

one of the kid’s rooms is green and the other one is red… the one that lived in the red room lives in his own place now… he lives in a one bedroom apartment…

the rent there is really cheap… if my husband ever kicks me out i will probably move into that complex…but on the bottom floor… my dog is old and arthritic and could not climb the stairs…

my husband probably wouldn’t kick me out until he died though anyway…

as he wouldn’t want to seperate our two dogs…they have been together since we got them from the pound 11 years ago… (they will be 12 in the springtime…they were a few months old when we got them…)

our yard is HUGE…

we have a pool but it is usually always too dirty to swim in and right now it is too cold anyway…

pools are expensive to maintain a real pain in the ass… i know…first world problems…right?

but seriously…they require hours of work and loads of chemicals and a lot of electricity…

they are not worth it… trust me on that… don’t buy a house with a pool…

our pool is large… it is a 22,000 gallon pool… it used to have a slide but for insurance sake we had to have it removed… and it never worked anyway…

it used to have a diving board before we moved in but it had been removed…

we have a garage with a garage door opener… it only holds one car… it could almost hold two but not quite…

okay…have to go make hubby’s coffee now…

hugs to all
jamesgirl

I and my husband and the bank own a house…a redwood A-frame in the woods. Myfavoritepart of the house is that the whole front of the house(in my kitchen and living room) isa huge window. We face east so I love the early light and when there 's nice sunrise it lights up my whole house. We have three bedrooms - one for each of us. My daughter is back now living with us. She is 22. My bedroom is so small you have to go outside to change your mind (heard that somewhere.) I have a twin hospital bed, a desk and an electric recliner and that fills up the whole room.

We have a deck that goes around the front and side of the house. I like sitting out therein the summer and watching the birds and squirrels and deer in my yard…occasionally I also see a bear or two. I usually plant a container herb garden and some tomatoes on the deck…the deck is nice but it needs to be treated and cleaned.
Our house was built in the70s and has paneliing in the LR<KITchen and halls. I hate paneling. At least the big window lets in light. The house needs a lot of work…we need a new kitchen floor and my room needs to be painted. but that’s not gonna happen.
WE are blessed to have a place to live and I’m glad that my husband hasn’t kicked me out even though he hates me.

1 Like

we have paneling in the den lol… was built in 70s too…doesn’t sound as pretty as yours though…