What's a piece of advice you would give your self 10 years ago?

hang tight, everything’s gonna be alright

Keep taking your AD and stop working 7 days a week.

1 Like

Lay off the booze and try to be constructive.

3 Likes

I need to go back 20 years plus and knowing then what I know now, I should have seen a pdoc right when I had the early prodromal Symptoms that indicated my brain chemistry was not in balance

2 Likes

advice, eh?

volunteered in army while young, before sz.

Yeah, needed to change my name @SP2342 . I was getting a little uncomfortable about having my first name on here. It’s probably stupid to be paranoid about that, but I don’t want the wrong people finding me on here. Freakonaleash is not identifying at all. My first thought was “metalhead,” but that was too boring, then “metalfreak,” then that led to freakonaleash. I like the change. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

RUN!!! and never look back

1 Like

“volunteer in army while young, before sz” is what I meant…

See a school counselor when the depression gets worse. No ones going to just realize something is wrong with you so you have to be your own advocate. Never mess with the occult. (No ouija boards!!)

1 Like

Ten years ago I would have told myself to spend more time with my mom. She would be getting really sick and it was going to be a nightmare, but she would be gone in three years.
I would tell myself that even though my son was getting older and pushing me away in some ways that he actually needed me more.
And, don’t date the fireman. Stick with the teacher, and ask more of him right from the start.
It’s amazing how very many mistakes I’ve made at each stage of my life.

2 Likes

I would have told myself, “Stop pretending everything is fine. Everything sucks. And it’s going to continue sucking for quite some time. Maybe you should actually try talking to someone about it, instead of repressing every negative thought you have. But hey, it does get better, eventually. Once you learn to ask for help.”

But I wouldn’t have believed myself. So maybe I would just say, “Good luck.”

5 Likes

Not to do drugs

5 Likes

invest in X stock

If I could go back knowing what I know now I could avoid the stress and probably duck the illness. Unfortunately we can’t do that.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

2 Likes

I was already on a downward path. I’d just tell him to appreciate what he has because he’s gonna lose a lot of things he didn’t think he could lose.

3 Likes

Dump that SOB and throw him out on his butt!

3 Likes

To the person that was us ten years ago

Everyone you meet in the next six years will use, abuse, harm and wound you. They will all lie and contorl you they will damage your body to the point you cannot walk and worse.

Do not follow them do not trust them
If you can make them end you, or end yourself.

As all what will come down on you will break you, will all but completely destory you and the you; you are will stop being, only a broken shadow will be.

Flee, or end it.
As time is set it would change nothing.

I would tell myself

“RRRUUUUUNNNN!!!”

Then I would wait for him to be frozen in fear and whisper in his ear “Not even weed.”

Then maybe this ■■■■ would have been averted.

2 Likes

I would tell myself not to trust in dreams, visions and prophets.

2 Likes

mmasters I LOVE your avatar!

1 Like