What would you change about your disease besides curing it?

Hey y’all. I was just wonder, if you could change ONE THING about your disease what woulds it be? Mine is THE MEDS!!! lol

Hollisterstrong text

3 Likes

I wish there was a test which could conclusively state if I had sz or not.

3 Likes

Eliminate the negative symptoms category.

Edit- sorry this would be too close to curing it.

3 Likes

fractaled you are spot on lol PREACH

Hollister

2 Likes

Stopping the exhausting obsession of thought.

4 Likes

Hi Kxev, just wondering, do you have the negative symptoms like flat affect and cannot feel emotions? I do…hate it

1 Like

#NailedIt lol Keeping busy and having a LOTTT of hobbies is an excellent way to cope

H

1 Like

Yes… to the extreme… yes, i keep busy being on the forum all day.

I lost all pleasure from being a graphic designer, artist, everything to do with art.

I can mindlessly clean but - it’s my inability to connect with my husband that is killing me. I can not enjoy the things he enjoys, very simple things. So spending time together is not real.

1 Like

Kxev- I am sad to hear about your situation. I dont have much advoce beauce I’ve neverbeen married but I havea boyfriend but we connect so beautifully. patience, may some prayer and getting out of the house more/??

Hollister

2 Likes

I just want to be able to watch a movie together and enjoy it together. I love him dearly.

1 Like

I wish I could stop having new medications interact with my Abilify. My cardiologist put me on some new expense meds, and they interfered with my Abilify. I had to stop taking them.

3 Likes

I’d be happy if I could cut my negative symptoms in half even. They remain the largest barrier to my quality of life with SZ. I’m not struggling with SZ as much as I am with other health issues, though. I’m also pretty high-functioning so I shouldn’t complain.

3 Likes

I think if I could have any certain thing to change, I would change the fact that I am always in a isolating mood. I would much rather be a hermit and stay in the house than go anywhere. I stress out when I have to go shopping and the only way I seem to be able to handle it is to wear my ear pods and try to ignore everyone that is there.

3 Likes

I’d like to not hear a voice.

1 Like

I agree with you @Hollister . I would love if sz was manageable without meds with side effects.

1 Like

I’d change it to purple.

4 Likes

Stigma behind it, people just assume everything and they feel whatever they think is right,

1 Like

My vote is for no negatives. Positives can be treated in many cases.

2 Likes

It gets the ladies

2 Likes

i would want visual hallucinations to go away so i can drive and work again
i hate the voices but i think i can handle them more

1 Like