What to do?

With all of the stuff going on right now in politics and certain current events, I’m getting a little overwhelmed. I think I’m getting a little overtly defensive and self-righteous, I’m overthinking everything and it’s spilling over in some of my posts. Had to flag my own stuff lately, it was just too much and inappropriate. Sorry to anyone I offended, I’ll try to keep my ■■■■■■■■ to a minimum. I’m torn between taking a break and continuing to take part of this forum. Not sure of what i should do…

7 Likes

Your fune we all feel that waybat some point in time.

2 Likes

@eighteyedspy23

I can tell you’re a really good guy if you flag your own posts.

I abandon about 80% of my posts because I feel that there’s a small chance I’m going to offend someone, but that sucks for me.

I would try to keep a sense of humor in these times that we live in.

Please continue taking part in the forum.

2 Likes

I am glad I don’t watch the news. I don’t know what’s going on. The only way I know there was a school shooting in Florida is because I saw it on here.

I hope you continue to post.

2 Likes

Try to divert your attention to something else.

2 Likes

Man I try not to say anything outrageous! Don’t know If I am always successful.

1 Like

I’d like you to stay. You’re a nice guy.

That said, often enough I’ll get triggered and shocked by some things I read on here. Or I’ll think people are referrencing me or attacking me personally albeit in a passive-aggressive way. IDK, I’ve nearly quit a couple of times but usually the feeling passes.

The best thing is that you do what’s good for your mental health. I feel like this forum for whatever faults it has, has helped me on the best days.

EDIT: Oh and I often enough delete, retract, edit, or just abandon posts while writing them because I think what I’m saying will be taken badly. Hopefully nobody was triggered or made angry by anything i said.

3 Likes

Yeah I just use this site for entertainment and maybe for some therapeutic value in dealing with schizophrenia.

2 Likes

You are such a nice guy. I haven’t seen any posts you made that are inappropriate. It seems you were always kind and thoughtful towards other people. I 'll miss you if you leave.

4 Likes

Yeah it has crossed my mind to leave this site in the past. I think making youtube videos about myself would be really bad. I would quit and delete my youtube channel for sure. But this site isn’t that much effort and you can be anonymous.

1 Like

I haven’t even been on this site long! I did have another account in the past that I hardly used though.

I’ve been more comfortable with a written blog than a vlog on youtube. I haven’t done a vlog because I’m concerned about its contents staying on the web, which everything does. I’m sure some of my skeletons are kicking around in closets around the web.

2 Likes

I didn’t see what you said that could have been controversial, but cheers to you for recognizing it. Don’t be hard on yourself, though. There’s a lot of ■■■■ going on right now and emotions are high.

4 Likes

I’m spending a pretty large amount of time on this site lately @Coldcomfort! whats going on!? Sorry if I offended you @LED

1 Like

Thanks for your replies. I just had to walk away from watching the CNN Town Meeting. Just too much for me to handle. My girlfriend got mad at me and didn’t understand why I had to leave, but that’s not her fault. I wish I could keep informed on these kinds of things, but sometimes it’s just best to trust your instincts. This is probably the safest place for me right now. I think I’m even going to shut the door, but I might have to open it to let my kitty in. He’s on my side. Lol. :scream_cat:

5 Likes

I haven’t seen anything offensive, and I really hope you stay. I enjoy your posts. Current events really mess with me too. Scary stuff out there; it’s enough to overwhelm anyone.

2 Likes

Haven’t noticed anything particular so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. It’s easy to react emotionally to some posts here. I think everyone does it. As too other worldly events…you can only control what is in front of you. I don’t particularly like most modern politic and I have an opinion about a lot of things- I just keep that to myself around here. Keep it simple!

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re feeling so overwhelmed lately. Maybe just take a day or 2 to unplug. It might help you decompress. (Hugs)

Feel better :heart:

2 Likes

Yes we would miss you if you left. If it makes you feel better i dont judge you or anyone on here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.