What purpose does my life serve?

I have no husband, no children or grandchildren, no girlfriend. What is my life’s purpose? I have a devoted cat that absolutely depends upon me. I have a community of seniors that I live amongst who I visit with and talk with and I guess I bring a bit of joy to their lonely lives that way through my volunteering. That’s my volunteer job: visiting with seniors.

3 Likes

Thank you so much🤗

1 Like

Being my friend,too🤗

Can’t drive…:cold_sweat:

Yeah, that’s much more of a physiological need than reproduction. I don’t even want to reproduce let alone need to.

I’ve heard, and this has worked for me, that your highest ideal is what controls your life. When you pick your ideal, you become high from dopamine every time you act in accordance with it. It’s the brains reward system, and you can hack it.

Likewise your insecurities are what you try to avoid and what makes one feel uncomfortable, or in this case like slab of meat.

2 Likes

Yeah, but you can still listen to Led Zeppelin.

Thanks for making me use my brain!

1 Like

Are you trying to tell me something? lol

1 Like

That I act before realizing it cuz it is something right in front of me and I’m “blind”

1 Like

Actually there’s plenty of people with little to no purpose on this Earth. People with schizophrenia are just more likely to find themselves lose most of our ability to have much of one by the time we have the greatest chance to achieve it. People who never have a chance to are not aware of it. We feel we’ve been robbed.

2 Likes

I’m finding I have to rethink my life’s purpose as my original desired end-goal turned out to be too lofty and stress-filled for me. It can be tough feeling like you don’t know your place in the world.

3 Likes

Aim high. Be the best you can be!

4 Likes

Too little time to redirect my life!!! I’m in a little frenzy of trying to figure out what it is I’m going to do when I’m home, let alone try to figure out my life again!

1 Like

Maybe that’s a sign…

I just have distaste for being idle, so it’ll be tough.

1 Like

Trust me I push myself…too much lol :hugs:

1 Like

1 Like

I need to talk to you more often :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m here, there, and everywhere…catch me if you can…wait I’m not supposed to run outside and don’t have car…but I make time for all you guys :hugs:

1 Like