What is Your Favorite Quote, and Why?

Kindness is the highest Wisdom
~ Buddha ~

This quote says it all for me. In a minimal number of words. Clear, direct and to the point

10 Likes

" Never Fight a land war in Asia " from the Princess Bride. Because it is a great little movie and it’s such an apt expression when you consider history.

4 Likes

“If someone throws you the ball, you don’t have to catch it”

From a self help book recommended to me by @shutterbug …

Means a lot to me as I need to learn not to take on all work and choose things more carefully

7 Likes

7 Likes

@Joker I love it. I need to work on not being bled dry by certain people

3 Likes

“That is one damn fine coat you’re wearin’.” ~ Marv (Sin City)

2 Likes

tokugawaieyasu1

Because im learning a lot from it

4 Likes

“Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.”
― Lao Tzu

I find this quote calms me down sometimes when I am too worried about what I have missed out on since getting sz. It doesn’t always work. There is a lot of wisdom in it to do with accepting yourself and your life circumstances, however dire they may be.

4 Likes

@Tryagain I love the second one, 7 emotions. It reminds me of a quote by the Dalai Lama (I think) that says, to conquer one’s self is a greater Victory then conquering thousands on the battlefield

2 Likes

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” -Wayne Gretzky

I’ve not shot my fair share of times. Afraid to fail. All I can do is be ready for the next one.

4 Likes

The funny thing is these old Ass quotes makes a difference in reality.

1 Like

last ned

2 Likes

I’ve posted this before as one of my favorite quotes…

"The first step you never take, will be the longest journey you’ll ever have."

To me, this speaks to procrastination. And if you put off doing what you were meant to do or never take that chance in life…it will slowly chew you up inside and make you miserable.

So the quote basically means “Go for it!”

3 Likes

“If you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”

- Nietszche -

Very evocative of my own experience. Not sure if I spelled his name right.

2 Likes

“rose bud”
-citizen kane

1 Like

I have got one more and I think its my own… Not sure if there is a similar one on net.

I mean to say you have to be wrong first to get right

3 Likes

“I don’t hate other people, im just afraid of them”

August Strindberg (swedish author 1849-1912)

• apparently he was a schizotypal like me, and im often afraid of other people, even though i mostly like them. I don’t waste time on hate. It cripples you.
5 Likes

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”

Lao Tzu, Chinese philosopher.

It’s apt in so many situations. It applies to me and I see it apply to many other people here.

It’s about getting started, taking that first step to achieve your goal. No matter how huge or intimidating that goal may be.

4 Likes

A recent good one I came over is “If you can’t drink a little, don’t drink at all” from the book “Shanghaied”.

Basically it means that if you can’t control drinking alcohol you need to give it up so it doesen’t ruin your life.

4 Likes

Aham Brahmasmi :crazy_face:

1 Like