What is With the Misogyny!?

Not always, but it often can be. Taking care of the disadvantaged is usually a large part of the platform of the Democratic Party. So are many of the issues affecting women.

1 Like

Exactly. Heck I’ve been open about a current involuntary celibate period in my marriage. However, my man doesn’t owe me sex, now me him and if we took it out on others it would make us awful.

1 Like

Would you say this if we were discussing something about the mistreatment of men? It is important people,especially women who are at risk from such people, are made aware of these issues.

3 Likes

I refuse to acknowledge that talking about a dangerous thing to women is political. If it bothers you, I’d suggest avoiding the conversation. I won’t reply to your post again to avoid giving ng you unwanted notifications. I understand how misunderstanding can make someone uncomfortable.

1 Like

If people could discuss these issues without getting angry I would say, “By all means. Let’s discuss them.” But people are so prone to getting angry about politics that it poisons the atmosphere. If people want to discuss politics they should go to a site made for that. I’d like to keep an amiable tone on our site.

1 Like

Avoid the post if it bothers you. No one has been angry. If incel behavior makes you angry, thank you and continue to stand up against it.

If women’s discussions make you angry, avoid them and discuss that with someone trained to understand how to help.

1 Like

@crimby This is not about politics but about the misbehaviour of some men towards women.

4 Likes

There are those who say everything is political. Anything that happens in the public arena is definitely political. You guys are quibbling over semantics. Objecting over saying something is political is pretty overbearing and obnoxious to me. Lighten up!

Taking your argument to its logical conclusion this would mean we should not discuss or post about women’s issues here for fear of being “political” . It would effectively reduce women here to second class citizens , and encourage those here who wish to be disrespectful towards women.

4 Likes

Wait, what?

This is 1.politics in so much as it is a topic that can polarize people for no reason and 2. Is off topic, as itdoes not belong on a forum about sz where people try to be friendly to each other.

As said above, if you see any type of misbehaviour gender, racial or anything else related, flag it. Opening a topic to polarize us over a subject that we don’t care about on this forum is dodgy in itself, sorry to say.

I mean, sure, anyone can be involuntarily celebate. I have been at times, too.

But the incel community and its worldview are the issue, not people who are not in relationships, regardless of your age, race, gender identity, or any other factor.

If you’re not posting toxic commentary regarding women or people in relationships, you have nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

The vitriol those of the red pill crowd turns me off. What turns me off about you is your determination to take offense over matters that are really no more than semantics.

You’re the one bringing politics into this thread. If you don’t like it, leave.

You know who thinks misogyny is political? Old white men.

1 Like

Dodgy? I am posting in the lounge portion about something that is not political in any way. In fact it is a serious question on why there are a lot of comments that sound or blatantly are disrespectful to women of the site.

Perhaps I should ask anmod to close this topic and create a new thread on Women and Mental Illness. Then that cannot possibly be construed as politics. If so, then something is seriously wrong and an admin needs to step in as mentally ill women are more likely to be a victim of a crime or abuse and is a totally relevant topicforallwomen.

2 Likes

No. I will not leave. I’m going to stand my ground. You people have goaded me into becoming temperamental. You people are determined to take offense over something that is no more than a matter of semantics. Like I said, there are those who say everything is political.

Way to go to dumb down and trivialise a serious issue.

1 Like

30 minute cooldown!. Everyone take a walk, take a break, grab something from the fridge, take a few deep breaths.

When I reopen this topic in 30 minutes, please proceed calmly and respectfully.

5 Likes

I am not a big fan of folks (of any gender) posting personal photos of themselves on this forum, especially as their user avatar, because of privacy concerns. I also think this could potentially put the person at increased risk of unwanted stalkerish or other inappropriate behavior or attention from random folks on the internet.

With that said, if a user posts a personal photo on this forum, it is their choice to do so. It is NOT an open invitation for inappropriate comments or behavior from others.

6 Likes

Oops, I didn’t realize the thread had been locked. Sorry! :flushed:

1 Like