What is the future of people with schizophrenia?

Where is this going at the end?

from being on here

you’ve got to get good info on what you may have

otherwise, the less afflicted can live without intervention.

too many on this site say, Consult your psychiatrist.

1 Like

Recovery is possible, partial or full.

2 Likes

what do you mean @anon9798425

I think your’e possibly giving false hope.

I’m saying it’s possible for everyone to recover. Not everyone can recover fully, whatever you mean by fully, but partial recovery, where your symptoms, functioning and quality of life improves, can still happen.

1 Like

Recovery to me is no meds and living as normal

don’t think so.

1 Like

Recovery with meds is also possible.
Taking meds and having no symptoms.

2 Likes

Some people do recover fully in that sense as well.
I was pretty severely afflicted, as you call it, but now my functioning is pretty much back to normal and my symptoms are almost completely under control. I take APs and don’t think I will be able to get off them.

2 Likes

Not to me daze!! Meds are a part of recovery. Recovery is a process not a final destination to me. Whatever works for you, recovering with meds is nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone is capable of recovery barring some really bad luck coming their way. But making good decisions and healthy choices pretty much everyone can improve a bit which would be a recovery to me.

3 Likes

So we will always be depened on drugs on daily basis at best monthly basis? Can’t travel, side effects. What if you grow old or living situation change. Weather changes. What if land in jail or homeless? We can’t be a billionaire or millionaire.

I have a child, barring her own early death, I hope for help if I need it, or the community. You’ve got to establish ties now.

I think we have better medication to look forward to in the future.

I don’t think a cure will happen in my lifetime but I guess it could be possible I just don’t believe it will ever happen in my life.

1 Like

Based on my thinking I was receiving puzzles from the government and working for them, and telling people that, I’d rather take medicine. I’m now followed and watched now because I thought that. I was being followed back then too. I’m ok with taking some pills every day. It’s not a big deal to me.

Recovery is blocked by other peoples inability to give people with Schizophrenia a chance. You can tell other people if you need to take insulin or something. You cannot slip into casual conversation with a stranger that i need to take some benzos or anti-psychotics.

1 Like

I take meds and consider myself recovered although for various reasons I cannot work. I volunteer in the community and therefore consider myself fully occupied.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.