What is a psychotic episode? Can it end naturally?

If meds don’t work, can an episode end naturally? I don’t understand why it is called an “episode”?

1 Like

I’ve had episodes end on their own without meds or therapy but I don’t recommend it.

2 Likes

If I can ask, how long did the episode last?

I did come out of it on my own without medication. Where the turning point was, I don’t recall exactly. But it dawned on me that this was a medical condition, not what I was imagining to be real

2 Likes

I have had other psychotic episodes in the past and they went away until one psychotic episode came back and got worse.

2 Likes

Your username pretty much sums up my life I miss doing my art. Can you show us some of yours. You dont have to if you dont want to. I’m just curious.

1 Like

Haaa, yep! If I can figure out how to upload. What kind of artist are you?

Can I ask how long the episode lasted that went away on its own? How did you know it had ended?

Wow, so does that mean the brain can only sustain being in psychosis for so long?

1 Like

I’m really not sure. I guess it might be different for everyone

1 Like

Depends on what episode you were talking about some lasted on average 2 to 5 months others lasted 6 months the one episode that I had that put me in hospital lasted a year before i was stabilised on antipsychotics and I never quite got over it because I had convinced myself it was real. I had an episode before that thinking about the same things but it wasnt as bad.The other times I had speculation and doubts that It might not be real but then something happened to make me convinced my delusional thinking was absolutely real and i got very I’ll over it.

1 Like

What do you mean? Do you mean in terms of what artistic hobbies I do?I want to be a surrealist artist but it is very hard. Right now I’m just taking a break until I can get my motivation back to do it.

1 Like

I honestly don’t remember. I don’t have a good memory when I’m psychotic and I didn’t used to keep track of my symptoms

1 Like

Sometimes it can end naturally, sometimes you don’t know if it could have because their was medical intervention and sometimes a person stays psychotic for a long time with no medical intervention.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.