What EDM / Dance Music genre do you like?

I like Old Skool Acid House,Breakbeat, House,Jungle and Drum and Bass

6 Likes

Yes, can’t go wrong with a bit of drum and bass!

But my favourite is probably vocal trance.

4 Likes

Detroit techno, old school house like Larry heard can you feel it (his new stuff is great too) liquid and intelligent drum and bass, all the post disco stuff like Larry levan with Gwen Guthrie- peanut butter etc. lately I’m into amapiano luxury SA is good, just to give a few examples. I love dance music

1 Like

I was into House, Techo and Electro at one point.

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t know too much, or too many genres but old school jungle, dnb, minimal house, deep house, vaporwave, futurefunk, the stuff that Herbie did in the 80s… but I need to discover more artists and genres.

1 Like

I like IDM. But man that has to be the worst name ever for a genre

3 Likes

I hate the term EDM, it’s American. In Europe it’s known as dance music which has different genres. House, Trance, Techno,Jungle Drum and Bass etc

3 Likes

Oh sorry I meant IDM (intelligent dance music). Is a really snobbish term ya know?

3 Likes

House music 15151515

2 Likes
1 Like

Really enjoy listening to electronic music.

It’s tough to name everything, but I really have been enjoying the Anjunabeats “Group Therapy” podcast that comes out every Saturday. And the Lane 8 seasonal mixtapes as well.

I like deadmau5, Ben Bohmer, Aphex Twin, Dusky, Sub Focus, Skream, and lots of other folks.

5 Likes

Deadmau5 is one of my favorites too. I like dubstep more idk if some would consider it edm technically speaking but int he wider sense of the word. It’s dance music. And it’s electronic.

2 Likes

I like listening to EDM every so often. I have to give a shoutout to the late, great Avicii.

My current favorites are David Guetta, Martin Garrix, and Marshmellow.

I believe that Chuck Robert’s recently passed away

1 Like

Fr? That’s a shame

1 Like

I loved his vocals. In the beginning, there was Jack and Jack had a groove etc

1 Like

He sort of epitomizes. The union of Southern Baptist style with Chicago and Detroit musical grounding.

I speak loosely because I don’t know the specifics of how it went down
But he’s got that Southern Baptist feel to him, like he’s preaching. A lot of deep house follows in that tradition

1 Like

I have really been enjoying Capital Cities song safe and sound today.

1 Like

This video tells the story of the making of the track

1 Like