What are your skills at work?

I can take on all building work in question

1 Like

I can sneak in a 5 minute break a couple times a day.

I used to operate all the machines, the carpet cleaner, the shower cleaner machine, the buffer. But when a new supervisor started working here a year ago, now he is the only one who operates the machines.

2 Likes

I know how to operate a forklift.

3 Likes

I am good with computers. I worked at Best Buy selling computers and in a video games company.

4 Likes

I worked as a physiotherapist for a few weeks before schizophrenia fully hits.

4 Likes

I worked a lot of jobs because I temped a lot. Callcenter, transport, packaging in warehouse, computer installer, secretary, roofing worker, bank employee, renovation…but the last 10 years or so I have worked as a store employee which I have liked best. It’s not good paid, but it has a lot of variation, I get to move around a lot which is good because I am restless, and I like to deal with customers.

2 Likes

I have experience with computers but I can’t do a sedentary job because of cognitive symptoms.

3 Likes

I am pretty good at maintaining a calm demeanor when dealing with angry/annoying coworkers/customers. I was even told by a coworker at my last job that even when I was really mad I barely acted like it at all, lol.

4 Likes

Today’s my first day back working in a while. Just cleaning gutters for a friend’s company. Gave me 240 bucks cash for 6 hours of work.

8 Likes

I was trying to go back to school for software engineering. Ran into the same issue.
So I’m back to the property maintenance world. I’m planning to manage someone’s larger company. I’m good at managing people and keeping things rolling.

3 Likes

Thats good money. I did some manual labour for a friend too, renovating, it’s enjoyable and decent pay.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a good gig. The cognitive load is low. Can just listen to music and get a good workout in, have some laughs , monkey around with ladders and roof stuff lol

2 Likes

Haha yes I found the humour way above the office variety I enjoyed.

2 Likes

Haha yep your In good company in the trades scene :blush:

1 Like

I’ve worked in hospitality and sales, not particularly skilled in any way I would say.

Nothing that warrants speciality or better pay unfortunately.

Many jobs for my age, at least seven.

1 Like

Apart from some freelance translations I haven’t really worked in decades, my choice I guess. But back in the day I worked at British telecom speaking to executives and company managers in Europe. To my dismay I was really good at it. Needless to say I quit as soon as I could.

1 Like

Heidegger would have been proud.

2 Likes

I’m a mom. So basically I’m a chef, chauffeur, confidant and a very lousy maid.

4 Likes

Don’t sell yourself short. Being a Mom is a big and very important job. :cow2::cow2::cow2:

3 Likes

Do you know any CAD programs. I tried to learn parametric modeling a few months ago. I learned some new stuff…

2 Likes