What are your hobbies?

Do you have any? I did not until recently. I took up miniature painting. I am taking a break for the day though.

What are yours?

6 Likes

I keep watching these reality tv shows about people meeting a romantic partner like: Married at First Sight, Love is Blind, Are You the One?, the Bachelorette. I can’t stop watching them.

4 Likes

I love reading I’m thinking of making studying languages a hobby, I like the idea of studying

5 Likes

I like games and game systems so currently doing historical ww2 stuff for a game. It’s nce and relaxing and a good way to de stress.

3 Likes

My biggest hobby is Rubik’s cubes and similar puzzles

5 Likes

Have you ever seen Bobby Fischer solve a puzzle game? He’s a genius lol

2 Likes

That’s great that you picked up a new hobby. :relaxed: As for me:

• I like going to the park, year round. Sometimes, we play Pokemon Go while at the park.
  • I like going to festivals and the Farmers’ Market, during the summer.
  • I really love the aquarium, the zoo, and the aviary. We have aquarium memberships.
  • I like video games. It’s easier for me to play when I am playing with Hubby. I have recently started playing on my Switch, by myself, again. It’s difficult for me to get engaged enough, when I’m playing alone, but I think I’m getting better.
  • I like to color in coloring books. I’m trying to do this more, too.
8 Likes

I don’t think I really have any hobbies. Except maybe dance, but I haven’t been doing that lately – no classes (covid).

I used to read A LOT but I haven’t had the ability to concentrate lately.

I used to be very into fitness and working out, but the desire for that is gone.

I do like watching and deconstructing and discussing film, stories, character. I like fandom, because I like people obsessed with characters. I like playing dress up and making costumes – any opportunities for costumes is awesome.

I LOVE going to concerts. I like road trips with my friends.

But I want to do (and used to do) the things that a lot of people do for hobbies as work – sing, art, writing.

So I guess there’s some things I like.

4 Likes

I paint miniature too, and bigger paintings. I also like 3D printing and cooking. Gaming too, if that’s a hobby?

2 Likes

My hobbies are listening to music and playing video games. Sometimes I have trouble focusing and playing video games for longer than an hour. Music I can listen to for about an hour also. These days I have very little motivation. I used to play guitar everyday for a couple of hours. I no longer do that.

5 Likes

I still say you should start a blog haha

1 Like

jig saw puzzles. reading carefully selected books. writing. cooking.

5 Likes

I play guitar and write songs. As funny as it may sound, I thought about taking up knitting before. My mom used to knit and I know she loved it

2 Likes

I have boring hobbies. Watching sports/TV, listening to music, taking care of my dog, smoking meat. I used to REALLY be into disc golf, but I’ve lost total interest in that. Bummer. It was fun.

3 Likes

Okay, you’re going to have to explain that one LOL

2 Likes

haha, you haven’t heard of it? It’s relatively new, but it’s becoming a very popular sport. It’s golf, but with frisbees. Same scoring system, and there are even different types of discs/frisbees for different shots you want to make, similar to stick golf. Drivers, putters, mid range, etc.

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot of fun actually. I’d give it a whirl. I’ve been playing a game called washers. It’s the same idea as horseshoes except you toss large washers into a box from a distance

I love anything that’s outside, and gets me engaged

3 Likes

A few great things about disc golf, is that it’s free to play at 99% of the courses in North America, as most courses are like in parks and stuff. And the discs are relatively cheap, ranging anywhere from like ~7$-$20. And you only need like 2-3 discs to start out with. It’s a fantastic way to get outside and have fun. I miss it, but my negative symptoms are just awful. Maybe I will try it again sometime

2 Likes

For a long time it was computers. Playing around with GNU/Linux and teaching myself web programming. But I learned how to do what I wanted to do so I haven’t been as into it as I used to be.

I can’t really say I have a hobby at this point in time.

I used to love to read fiction and non-fiction books, but since developing schizophrenia and being put on APs it’s harder to do, just my interest and concentration isn’t what it used to be.

2 Likes

Working on old cars. Currently working on this one.

It’s a 1950 Chevy. Needs a lot of work. I hope to get it running tomorrow. Need a battery for it. It’s a 6 volt and can’t find any in my town. Supposed to get one tomorrow. Had one yesterday but it had a bad cell in it and I had to take it back.

The car was my Dads.

8 Likes