What are good chicken recipes?

I bought raw organic chicken cutlets today. I plan on frying them. We have a lot of spices here. What can I do with it? I can choose between potatoes or noodles to have with the chicken. I never fried chicken in the pan and that’s what I want to do. How long does it fry for in these recipes too? I’m probably going to make it tomorrow

My mom says marinate in milk, pickle juice, and whatever spices you like, then bread with flower I mean “flour” and fry on medium heat until cooked. Remember, when in doubt, overcooking is safer than undercooking.

3 Likes

My fave chicken recipe is to fry it in a little oil. You just need to seal it so it goes white or a little brown. Then I put it on a naan I have warmed in the oven, add toms, lettuce, cucumber and top with Nandos peri peri sauce. Lush

1 Like

What culture is that recipe from @Gollum ? I never heard of three things you mentioned

Do you like buttery chicken?

1 Like

Yeah @CoCo, I like juicy grilled chicken, buttery chicken sounds good

I cook a lot of unique chicken recipes. I posted a lot of pics in another thread. I have good tips if you have the recipe in mind. Cooking with olive oil is always good and always make a good sauce. Sometimes you can stirr in vegetables and stuff. This is my latest recipe image

2 Likes

Sorry toms is tomatoes. Nandos is chicken chain in UK (and elsewhere) who sell their own sauce in supermarkets but peri peri is spicy chilli sauce.

1 Like

Okay thanks lol @Gollum

That’s looks tasty, when I think of sauce, I think of tomato or Alfredo. But that’s a lil fattening and complicated

@Sardonic I don’t eat pickles nor like the smell, sorry

Demi glacé is great for sauce. Or sherry wine. Or some type of cream sauce. Those are the three most popular on home chefs. You can also go for something exotic like lime or chipotle aoli and random cool tasty stuff. You can fry the chicken and bread it too multiple methods. Dipping it in some type of batter (maybe eggs) and then coating it with Panko breadcrumbs?? Yummm. There’s a few suggestions lol

1 Like

This is really good. Just to be sure I have enough I double the butter mixture and throw away the excess.

1 Like

Thanks @Jonnybegood!

1 Like

I like to bake my chicken breasts with lemon pepper sprinkled on them…so good.

2 Likes

Dip your raw chicken in a mixture of 1 egg and a cup of milk. Then roll in flour with some seasoning preferably Cajun. I shake it in a gallon ziploc bag.

Then fry to golden brown on medium heat. Make sure the oil is hot before you put the chicken in. Water drops will crackle when it’s hot.

Enjoy. That’s southern fried.

2 Likes

That looks good. I can make potatoes with that! In the picture they have the metal baking dish. Can I use a casserole dish?

That sounds like a good idea. My aunt shakes potatoes in a Ziploc bag before putting them on the grill. Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah, baking seems like my interest as of now. I didn’t know it only takes like 15mins to bake the chicken. I thought I’d have to wait like an hour. That’s why I said fried. Oil is kind of dangerous though and I don’t trust myself with it

Yes. You can also use cast iron which is the best

1 Like