What are good chicken recipes?

A skillet on the stove top? @CoCo

You have to bake it longer than 15 minutes. It won’t be done then.

1 Like

The recipe pianogal sent me says 450 degrees for 15mins. And that’s baking

Maybe 1 inch nuggets. Not a whole breast. You can get salmonella from eating undercooked chicken.

2 Likes

See this is why I don’t cook. Too many factors. In theory wouldn’t the breast that is cut up in nuggets be the same if it was all still in tact lol

1 Like

no, I bake my chicken at 350 degrees for forty minutes…

1 Like

Surface area makes the difference in cooking like in chemistry, And witchcraft

1 Like

1 Like

I remember learning about surface area when I learned about the cell. So 1 breast has a top a bottom and four thin sides. Say the top and bottom are 4 and sides are 2. So we have a total of 16 for the SA. Then with the nuggets a breast is split into 4 they get 1 for top and bottom and .5 for the sides the SA is 4. The nuggets surface area is smaller. Is that what you mean?

The more surface is in contact with the heat the quicker it will cook through. I’m not sure about the maths but if you cut the chicken into bits there is less risk of the middle being undercooked if it was a whole breast. Lamb and beef are better a bit pink but you don’t want to do that to chicken.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.