"Weird Art of the Mentally Disturbed"

Fascinating.

5 Likes

That was an interesting video. :elephant::elephant::elephant:

2 Likes

I was kind of surprised with that Hitler painting highlighted by the narrator. I knew of his blander paintings but maybe his artistic career would have been a great deal more successful if he had pursued that path of darkness in his art. Unfortunately, he turned to politics.

4 Likes

Ɲes, we all produce weird art.

Not.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

That was pretty cool. Some of that artwork is amazing

1 Like

Iā€™ve been interested in this type of stuff for years. The art world name for it is ā€œArt Brutā€, or ā€œOutsider Artā€, but not necessarily art of the mentally ill. The picture Iā€™m showing is called ā€œThe Maas Mazeā€, by a sz artist William Kurelek. Apparently he suffered an excruciating childhood physically and mentally, and the painting is a cross-section of his skull, each compartment showing a harrowing episode from his youth, as he remembers it. Strong stuff.

4 Likes

This was painted by me in a hypomania caused by too much opium.

17 Likes

Very nice indeed.

2 Likes

Thanks, i wish i was able to draw another thing like that, but i donā€™t want to take the amount of drugs and the insanity that made it possible.

4 Likes

@Zoe What about your most ā€˜psychoticā€™ painting?

1 Like

Yes, i want to see some ā€œart brutā€ from @Zoe too. She is an excellent artist.

1 Like

Aw thanks for thinking of me. Iā€™m actually starting a painting now which I strongly link to mental health

1 Like

Thankyou :relaxed:

I love your painting above too it is pretty dam cool.

1 Like

7 Likes

This one is about my psychotic experience.

The same voice came back to me when I relapsed

13 Likes

Who painted that?

Ernest Kirchner

2 Likes

Looks like Steve Buscemi xD

2 Likes

Pretty fascinating. I found the serial killer art super disturbing.

2 Likes

Brilliant!! Thereā€™s a lot packed in there to see. I particularly like the hot dog, being roasted by the fire breather LOL. Nice touch

1 Like