"Weird Art of the Mentally Disturbed"

Fascinating.

5 Likes

That was an interesting video. :elephant::elephant::elephant:

2 Likes

I was kind of surprised with that Hitler painting highlighted by the narrator. I knew of his blander paintings but maybe his artistic career would have been a great deal more successful if he had pursued that path of darkness in his art. Unfortunately, he turned to politics.

4 Likes

Ýes, we all produce weird art.

Not.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

That was pretty cool. Some of that artwork is amazing

1 Like

I’ve been interested in this type of stuff for years. The art world name for it is “Art Brut”, or “Outsider Art”, but not necessarily art of the mentally ill. The picture I’m showing is called “The Maas Maze”, by a sz artist William Kurelek. Apparently he suffered an excruciating childhood physically and mentally, and the painting is a cross-section of his skull, each compartment showing a harrowing episode from his youth, as he remembers it. Strong stuff.

4 Likes

This was painted by me in a hypomania caused by too much opium.

17 Likes

Very nice indeed.

2 Likes

Thanks, i wish i was able to draw another thing like that, but i don’t want to take the amount of drugs and the insanity that made it possible.

4 Likes

@Zoe What about your most ‘psychotic’ painting?

1 Like

Yes, i want to see some “art brut” from @Zoe too. She is an excellent artist.

1 Like

Aw thanks for thinking of me. I’m actually starting a painting now which I strongly link to mental health

1 Like

Thankyou :relaxed:

I love your painting above too it is pretty dam cool.

1 Like

7 Likes

This one is about my psychotic experience.

The same voice came back to me when I relapsed

13 Likes

Who painted that?

Ernest Kirchner

2 Likes

Looks like Steve Buscemi xD

2 Likes

Pretty fascinating. I found the serial killer art super disturbing.

2 Likes

Brilliant!! There’s a lot packed in there to see. I particularly like the hot dog, being roasted by the fire breather LOL. Nice touch

1 Like