Ways to find semi-intelligent conversation

“Its hard to stay engaged(in conversation) when you are two steps ahead of everyone in the room.”

“Is there any place for the man with a 105 IQ”?!

1 Like

I scored 105 before, but I think it’s probably 110-120. 105 is pretty good. Anything higher than 100 is fine.

1 Like

index

Not all humor is for everybody. Different strokes for different folks. We found it amusing. It’s not an indictment on anyone. I could find even more cringy stuff for you if you’d like. :wink:

2 Likes

I like going to hear a speaker

sometimes you can find them at the library

or your local college

typically they’ll have question and answer session afterward.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea too! Come to think of it, some colleges have a continuing education department, as I recall, where older adults can take classes of popular interest.

Thanks.

1 Like

You’d be surprised of the types of people you meet on the street that could give you an intelligent conversation. I mean I heard more intelligent conversation in the nut hut than say at a center of learning. Eventually such conversations will find you. Just be patient.

:innocent:

1 Like

I’m smarter than you, put your wits to the test. What do you want to talk about?

1 Like

true

one time up buying smokes an older guy I know thru my parents

was talking about the history of our town

I got involved and asked if there had ever been a murder

he schooled me, Oh yeah, there’s been a murder.

2 Likes

Pick a subject, any subject , people used to call me an idiot savant

2 Likes

2 Likes

I think he kind of looks like Ron Swanson

1 Like

I’m heading into work, and I’m not feeling up to this today. So in the words of Marty McFly, I’m gonna hafta forfeit.

You won! You must be smarter than me today.

Just today, then?

As the saying goes, tomorrow isn’t promised to any of us.

Just seemed a little out of place to point that out after you didn’t accept the challenge.

It’s almost as if you were turning down the challenge while at the same time claiming you would have won it.

you don’t realize how smart you are til you get into round table Trivial Pursuit.

I remember being young and knowing little, but now I can challenge anyone.

2 Likes

I’ll be around when you’re ready

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.