Ways to find semi-intelligent conversation

I already see triggeredness in this thread. Point made. I’m outta this one.

3 Likes

I find solace and intellect in the unusual beliefs section of the forum. While triggering to some, I find people are genuine, smart, and original. They think outside the box.

I consider myself smart but I’m no genius.

I’m interested in aliens, simulation theory, and quantum mechanics, especially the implications of it like MWT and time travel.

1 Like

Your being triggered is triggering me.

d0000000000000000d.

:sob:

4 Likes

But my FEELZ are the reality!!! LISTEN TO ME!!! I HAVE AN OPINION!!! I’m now even more triggered. I’m gonna file a petition on change.org so you meanies are BANNED!!!

2 Likes

Now I’m even more triggered. You’re going to burn in hell for this. HELL.

[ reaches for high CBD cannabis to cope ]

1 Like

That GIF has me rolling with laughter. :smiley: (Maybe I’d need all that pot for where I’m heading. You know…if I’m bound for hell, might as well go in with a good attitude.)

ETA: Someone has a sense of humor and inverted my avatar. Much better and more humorous than some goofy tagline. Laughing even more now. Glad there’s someone who doesn’t take life too seriously.

1 Like

Imagine this… Everything around you is on fire and burning. YOU are on fire and burning. Yet your extra-high CBD joint refuses to light.

Hell indeed.

2 Likes

HAHAHA! Oh man, came in here expecting some laughs for one reason, and got much more laughter for totally different reasons than I was expecting! Tip of the cap to you, sir. Or are you still an Abrams tank? I forgot. Too much CBD - we’ll chalk it up to that.

If you think you’re a mensa candidate I don’t know why you’d need our help. I think smart people know whom to talk to and proceed to just go do it.

If you’re interested in any field you can find people to talk to, just shoot an email. If you’re someone worth talking to you probably have a foundation of value to appeal to another person. Networking happens all the time.

I just feel like you’re attempting to troll, I don’t really feel a sense of inadequacy from random people claiming to spout their superiority especially in a setting where ones sense of grandeur is a symptom of a problem a lot of us have.

97x…Bammm! The future of rock and roll. 97x…Bammm! The future of rock and roll.

Maybe you can find an intelligent conversation at Kmart…in the boxer shorts section? Bammm!

It seems the OPs social intelligence isn’t that good. Making out he/she can’t find semi-intelligent conversation here is rather dismissive,especially as some of us very likely are as, or more, intelligent than the OP.

1 Like

This is supposed to be a support site , and not one where people are called out for their relative lack of intelligence.

2 Likes

Thanks for the polite and measured reply.

Once again, I really don’t see how people twisted my original post in their minds to seem to call them unintelligent, when what I indicated is it is hard to have an intelligent conversation on schizophrenia.com because the threads get locked. Goodness, it is hard to have an intelligent conversation in some Mensa groups because of all of the people trying to make clever jokes.

Maybe it is just because I mentioned Mensa as one of my socializing options. Mensa members are sometimes perceived as elitist snobs. If it triggers people that I joined Mensa from a test before psychosis, as many people here probably could after psychosis, well, I don’t know what to do about that.

It has been a great thread for coming up with socializing options, though.

Some are and some aren’t . There are some who misuse their intelligence to mock those they see as being less intelligent.
A better use of such intelligence would be for the benefit of society as a whole.

1 Like

It’s a ladder or pecking order lol. There are more exclusive groups more elite than mensa. I wouldn’t qualify for mensa. My IQ is 110 - 120.

In my past lives, I had my IQ enhanced to over 150. In the future we all will have higher iqs. But if everyone does, there would be competition still and people will have to compete with each other still.

1 Like

5 Likes

OMG, I’m dying. Thank you for that.

:joy:

2 Likes

@shutterbug @anon40540444 oh god, please don’t try to be comedians… that’s the cringiest stuff I’ve read in days.

1 Like

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

:imp: