Very bad day

A little background first. My car is too small for my husband to get in and out of without hurting himself. So my dad gave us his larger and older car. We were going to sell both to get a newer car that he fits into.

Today, my stepdaughter wrecked both cars. She pulled out of the driveway and hit my car. But, she kept going! We yelled for her to sto but she kept hitting the gas and scraping and denting both cars all along the sides.

To top that off, she insisted she was looking and it’s not her fault. She never once apologized. It’s thousands of dollars of damage on each car.

If we report it, our car insurance will be unaffordable, and now we can’t sell the cars. I can’t believe she didn’t even apologize!

2 Likes

Outch. But mechanics can do wonders with bumps and scrapes on cars. Maybe get a quote to see how much it would be to fix. It mightn’t be so bad.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate Zannah, and I agree that it was extremely selfish of your daughter to not even apologize after causing you such injury.

1 Like

We plan on seeing a local guy we know first before claiming it. We’re trying to find out if he works on Saturdays so we can have it assessed tomorrow if he does. Otherwise we’ll find out Monday

1 Like

Thanks @Bowens 15

1 Like

Oh goodness! That’s awful! I’d be mad and I honestly if it was me I’d do insurance and then sue her for what you have to pay out of pocket… Not gonna apologizing then I’m not gonna be nice!

1 Like

She’s only 15. I can’t sue her. She has a very part time, minimum wage job

@CoCo then I’d make her give you money until its paid off or do house work she refuses make her quit and keep her home for a while… As I said I’m not nice and I’d wanna teach her a lesson

1 Like

I think the key words are she is only 15 yo.

1 Like

Her dad wouldn’t go for that. He’s too nice. And since she’s not my daughter, it’s not for me to say anything. I mean I tried offering some opinions today while she was working but he didn’t listen. Maybe when he calms down, he’ll listen. But he’s very very defensive of her

1 Like

A 15 year old knows they should be sorry for wrecking 2 cars. A 15 year old is old enough to be remorseful

2 Likes

@CoCo ahhh okay… I know I’m kinda mean and I now understand your situation better and think you are doing the best you can… Good luck

1 Like

Thanks @Twialine

1 Like

@CoCo no problem keep doing what you’re doing

1 Like

You never know she could feel really bad.

1 Like

@Enlightenedbeing if she felt bad she would have apologized

1 Like

I do agree 100%.

1 Like

Did you tell her how it made you feel that she didn’t apologise?

I think she needs to know

Because obviously it was her fault if she scraped the cars, even if by accident.

1 Like

I’m thinking about having a heart to heart with her about how it hurts me that she didn’t even apologize. She just insisted that she did look when obviously she didn’t

4 Likes

She’s probably in shock. 15 years old still thinks she’s an angel.

1 Like