Using myself as guinea pig and the lack of results

To start, I’d like to say that mostly all of these experiments ended without any change in my condition, the Prednisone trial in myself is ongoing.

As far as psych meds go, I’m on Quetiapine, Zuclopenthixol, Amitriptyline but also Procyclidine for side-effects and Lanzoprazole for problems with stomach acid.

I have tried many chemicals to try to cure myself, the latest is Prednisone after I saw this:

They would be using prednisolone. After over a week on 5mg I have some results, mainly sleeping less (before the Prednisone I slept 10+ hours), it affected my dreaming quite a lot, in a positive manner. No change in psychiatric troubles but this dreaming vividly with dreams that make more sense seems to have lifted my mood.

The concept is that schizophrenia in some people can be exacerbated or even caused by neuro-inflammation and corticosteroids like Prednisone reduce this. Prednisone is also an immune suppressant and that may also be another way in which it is having an effect. High dose Prednisone can cause psychosis, I’ve noted no negative effect on me at the 5mg mark and it may take 40-60mg+ to cause psychosis.

There are two more ways in which Prednisone might help which are too complex for me to elucidate without referencing several articles but it’s to do with cortisol, adrenaline and adrenochrome.

Before I’ve tried Propranolol therapy, which is bad because at doses suggested cause extreme short term memory loss similar to Marijuana Intoxication.

Nicotinic acid therapy was somewhat annoying/painful from the flush but I never went past 1g at a time whereas up to 5g a day is recommended but that dosage could possibly cause liver problems, scientologists doing the purification rundown top the dose at 5g also, which is why I must mention I tried Dianazene too to help but no cigar there also

I tried lithium orotate but even in big doses it did little to help.

I tried dosing 100mg of Methylene blue a day which just turned my pee blue and that stuff is so messy, it’s literally blue dye and I turned a lot of things blue in the house by accident when preparing it in capsules (this stuff is used as a cellular dye in biology and as fish tank cleaner).

I’ve tried Narco-Hypnosis with Scopolamine but that didn’t do much as far as I know.

I tried various hallucinogenic substances that I will not name, the effect is to relieve symptoms temporarily in me but as soon as the dose wears off its back to square one almost and this method only is useful if you believe it’s caused by stuff like psychodynamics or whatever else a.k.a not a physical issue with the brain and it’s illegal most of the time and supposed by most people to be the worst thing to give a schizophrenic.

I tried taking high and low doses of benzodiazepines with also some short term benefits but benzodiazepines are weighed down by negatives in the long run, Quetiapine is a dibenzodiazepine and much more useful.

I’ve basically found that the psychiatric medical establishments tools of choice for schizophrenia - antipsychotics are the only things that get the job done properly and uniformly, sadly finding your best drug options can take years.

If you want to save yourself a lot of time, money and effort I suggest you stop looking for that silver bullet enigma cure because it’s a distraction from the medications which we know work.

I have endeavoured to find the cure seriously and sincerely for about 7 years and nothing has made the slightest bit of difference to my condition, if this latest idea of Prednisone works somehow then I may have to change my mind.

2 Likes

Please tell me you’re doing all this under a doctor’s guidance. Propronalol can be very dangerous if you don’t take it exactly as directed, and prednisone can cause damage if you’re not monitored while taking it.

5 Likes

Amen! I think it was very brave of you to post this and I completely agree with you. Doctors and scientists, millions and millions of them, think about this stuff all day every day, see thousands and thousands of patients year after year and have done all these trials over decades and decades.

1 Like