Two years sober today

Yep, June 20, 2016 was the night I had my last drink. It’s also the day I was discharged from my most recent psych unit stay.

I figure to celebrate I’ll treat myself to a new cd or two. Yeah, I’m old fashioned, still buy cd’s. I want to get A Perfect Circle’s new one, and maybe I Prevail or From Ashes to New, if I can find either of those in a store. I hate online shopping. I have to wait until I get paid on the 29th.

I’ve also stayed nicotine-free for over a month now.

15 Likes

Congrats @freakonaleash here’s to another year of sobriety !

1 Like

I admire your strength freakonaleash. I wish I would quit going to the psych ward it’s been ten days I’ve been home.

It’s good to treat yourself . I hope you have a happy day.

2 Likes

wow, well down :slight_smile: thats a milestone :ok_hand::clap::clap:

hope you can stay clean from smoking as well :slight_smile: a month is a long time and it would be a shame to waste that, took me a few tries but i’m clean for a good 7years,

I still collect cds sometimes i also have about 100 modern LPs
and 5 really good tapes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! That’s a big deal cuz it’s hard to quit. My dad stopped drinking about two years ago too and I bought him a cake to celebrate. Unfortunately is was a giant chocolate cake and my mom who is diabetic ate almost the entire cake in like two days. I was afraid she would end up in diabetic coma from it but she survived

1 Like

Yippee! It’s nice to know it’s possible. Nine months for me.

2 Likes

Congratulations matey! Huge achievement!

2 Likes

Wow! That is so great. Good for you for overcoming these obstacles. Enjoy your cd’s when you get them.

1 Like

Congratulations! Great job! :smiley:

1 Like

That is so awesome. And kudos to you on staying nicotine free. Best wishes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done matey. Not an easy thing to do but glad you celebrate and give yourself a treat!

Congrats and keep on keeping on!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.