TV + Movie Thread #1

I had an idea to make an ongoing thread where we can all discuss/recommend films and TV shows. Hopefully it is something that will gain traction.

Personally, I am psyched for episode 2 of The Last of Us. First episode was phenomenal. It has a 99% tomatometer score on Rotten Tomatoes (critic score). The acting is great.

I’m watching The Batman right now, but not sure if I’ll finish as it seems kind of dull.

2 Likes

Two of my favorite movies are 28 Days Later & 28 Weeks Later.

3 Likes

The most recent movies I watched were “Knives out” and “The Glass Onion”. “The Glass Onion” was the better of the two, IMO.

The tv series that we are watching is “Wednesday”. Also pretty good.

2 Likes

Do people still go to the movie theater. It was a big thing all my life. I’d get lost in the movie. My mom still can. My family would go to see movies multiple times on the theatre. Like Jaws, Close Encounters of the third kind, Star Wars, and Silver streak. My dad always took us kids to the very best movies, he’d ask my mom to not take us so he could.

1 Like

I can’t even handle watching the teletubbies at the moment.

2 Likes

Just saw “A Man Called Otto”, but tw, it’s a comedy just rather dark.

2 Likes

I’m working on season one of Inside Job. It is probably triggering for a lot of peeps here, so caution is advised.

1 Like

Watching a movie on TV on the movie channel, 55 steps, it’s called, its about a lawyer that helps a psychiatric patient

3 Likes

You’ve got to admit, though, that 28 Days Later was better.

1 Like

I celebrated friday the 13th by watching you guessed it friday the 13th, great movie.

2 Likes

I really liked this movie I saw for the first time last year named ‘‘Coraline’’ it’s pretty fun and spooky.

3 Likes

I wish I would’ve done the same on the 13th but I think I ended up watching something on Netflix.

I own the Friday the 13th collection on DVD. Well the Paramount releases at least.

1 Like

Yeah I saw it streaming so I said why not, also that’s very cool you have most of the franchise.
Now I wanna watch Freddy vs Jason.

1 Like

@Montezuma Do you like the conjuring universe movies?

1 Like

Thanks man. :slight_smile: The first one is probably the best one in terms of filmmaking.

Oh yeah, I enjoy a lot of the Conjuring universe movies. I love The Conjuring 2 especially. The Annabelle movies didn’t do much for me and I still need to see The Nun.

2 Likes

Yeah, nothing beats the original, also The Nun is pretty good! and the creepiest in my opinion.

2 Likes

Sweet! I think I’m gonna see if my library has a copy. I’m just a cheapskate and don’t want to pay the 4$ rental fee. :wink:

I notice you’re also into a lot of punk music. Is there a big punk scene in your country?

1 Like

I love comedy. Office Christmas Party was the last comedy movie I watched two weeks ago. It was the last time I was laughing so hard.

1 Like

Not really there have been rock bands that are famous here and a death metal group that has urban legend going around them, but nothing punk unfortunately I started digging punk a lot because I liked their message and with a couple exceptions not many people like the punk music I show them.

1 Like