Schizophrenia.com

Treatment found to improve cognitive function in patients with fragile X (schizophrenia relevant)

“This is the first time that the NIH Toolbox has been able to be used to demonstrate a cognitive change in a trial in people with intellectual disabilities,” Berry-Kravis said. “In just three months, we saw improvement specifically in the verbal subtests of the NIH Toolbox, coupled with parent rating of improvements, particularly in language.”

After 12 weeks of treatment in the study, patients crossed over and took placebo if they had been taking drug, and drug if they had been taking placebo for another 12 weeks. The benefit of BPN14770 was found to persist up to 12 weeks after the crossover from drug to placebo. BPN14770 was very well tolerated, with few adverse events.

n laboratory studies, BPN14770 promoted the maturation of connections between neurons, (which is impaired in patients with fragile X syndrome). BPN14770 is being developed by Tetra Therapeutics for the treatment of fragile X syndrome. The drug’s mechanism of action also may have potential to improve cognitive and memory function in Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, learning/developmental disabilities and schizophrenia.

4 Likes

@twinklestars how are you …warm love from other side of earth … i am doing deep breathing excercise its helping but i avoid meditation it makes me psychotic … do you have any idea if deep breathing improves schizophrenia symptoms …

1 Like

Sounds promising

2 Likes