Tomorrow is my mom's birthday

She would have been turning 72. I’m going to try to make it over to the cemetery tomorrow; the weather is supposed to be fine. I don’t think I went there on her birthday last year.

She died from breast cancer in 2006. I pretty much fell apart, was fortunate to have my then-gf (now ex-wife) for support.

7 Likes

I got this tattoo for her, my first tattoo, in 2014, on the left side of my chest (over my heart). At first it was just a breast cancer ribbon by itself; I had the MOM and dates added six months later, and I regret that addition. It’s fine now, but I just think it looked better as just the ribbon.

IMG_1006

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your mother. I am sure she would appreciate you remembering her birthday.

2 Likes

It makes me feel lucky to be alive. I’m just about her age.

1 Like

Yeah, she was only 59 yrs old when she died.

My dad was 69 yrs old when he died from a massive heart attack in 2013.

1 Like

Sorry about your loss freak. I would be devastated if I lost my mom

1 Like

So, with your parents gone, do you have any family?

I have my sister, brother-in-law and their kids as family, and that’s about it. My grandparents and their siblings have all passed on as well.

That’s about the same with me. I have my sister, brother- in -law and two nieces, two grand nephews.

1 Like

I’m sorry for your losses @freakonaleash.

1 Like

That is a lovely and thoughtful tattoo in memory of your mum @freakonaleash.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.