Going to the cemetery for Mother's Day

I feel kinda bad that I haven’t been visiting her grave more often, like I forgot to go on her birthday a couple months ago. The cemetery is only a few miles from my apt, so I don’t have any excuse not to go. This day makes me reflect on the night she died, and how I just fell apart. I was a wreck for a little while. I was only 26 years old when she passed, and I don’t think I was ready for it, even though we saw it coming (breast cancer). Thank God I had my ex-wife (then gf) to help me through it.

I got this three years ago, so I always have a reminder of her on me. I regret adding “MOM” and the dates, think that part of it looks crappy, looked better as a ribbon by itself (got the ribbon first, added the rest six months later). Yeah, really regret the addition. Oh well, it’s there now, and I still love it because it is for her. I got it on the left side of my chest (over my heart).

11 Likes

I kinda like the addition of the dates and “MOM”. It makes the tattoo more personal.

3 Likes

I agree with moonbeam, the addition of the text makes it sweet.
The text also looks like old school Anmericana tattoo style, and I personally love that style!
That’s touching that you got it over your heart, what a great idea! I’d do that now too except my boob is in the way lol

1 Like