Told someone I'm schizophrenic

I decided I’m not going to tell anyone anymore.

How did you meet this friend?

Last I read is he started writing to you again?

I don’t have any friends to chat with but I do t know how to use snap chat or messenger etc so I don’t really have a chat up even if I did meet someone.

Gamers seem to make friends easily but I’m not a gamer.

I would tell my friends I’m schizophrenic.
Maybe not straight away though but when I start dating I will probably tell the person before our first date.

1 Like

I have learned from it. I just want to be accepted for who I am that is all.

1 Like

Telling people you have sz is like telling them you have Ebola :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Moonwalker

I tend to disagree. I not ashamed of my diagnosis - so why should i hide it?
Yeah of course you get idiots with pre-concieved ideas - but for the most part most of
the regulars in my local bar used to be understanding.

Mind you - and people wont like it - is that ive used my diagnosis of Sz in the past with debt management companys to get bills written off. Yes i used to lay it on thick - quoting from the DSM.

Call me perverse - but i see it as a badge of honour. Call it my way of dealing with it when my voices get bad.

1 Like

I would bet if you went into that bar and said you had Ebola and bought them a round they’d like you too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahaa - Touche! . What im just trying to say is that sometimes you can use it to your advantage - to get out of difficult situations like debt - or being confronted by a bloke. Call it psychological warfare - many have backed off from a fight when i know im Sz, when ive been an arsehole in the past drunk. Sometimes those Stereotypes can work in your favour. Not ethical - but true.

1 Like

I don’t doubt what your saying, but your basically confirming that telling people your sz gets them to leave you alone

1 Like

Yes of course - when they are being belligerent. Many of my true freinds (who all have some form of MI) know me to be a gentleman. Just sometimes you gotta put a front on. :slight_smile:

Sz can mean so many different things at different times for the same person and varies widely from person to person… it’s not a label that really describes who you are…

However, there is a conception in the public of schizophrenic people in mental hospitals and doing horrible things or just completely crazy. I would not want to project this image to anyone unless in the case of a fight or something

Schizophrenic and psychopath are almost synonymous I think in the eyes of most people

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.