Do you want to talk about your schizophrenia to other people?

I always want to tell that i have schizophrenia thats why i fail all the time and my life is very hard. But nobody believes its hard and not understands .exept therapist thats why i started going to my therapist. I need to learn talk normal to people

1 Like

But when you tell nobody wants to be friends with you anymore… all people just want pleasurable expiriences. Nobody wants to listen how hard is my life. Or i dont know how to tell in an interesting way

4 Likes

I think health has to be very private. It never has good outcome. Rarely people close to you will comprehend or try to help. In my experience anyway.

I mean if you get urine infection, do you tell your friends?

2 Likes

But way they create movies about schizophrenia…not about urine infection… people watch movies where people hallucinate and are fascinated. But when you tell in real life they think absolutely oppsite.i dont know how to be perfect then

I am sorry, I mean, people do not accept it so better without (for me at least) so just be happy and you make beautiful art you know?

1 Like

My life is just sad as a hard life. I never get proper support with my best friend. Being a best friend means that person must be there for that guy or girl if not feeling well and to look after. I give out my kindness to him but I’m being mistreated from him. So that’s why I been told to come here and share my life. But if you think my life is false? You’re wrong. It is the truth and one again I hope Jesus comes back soon to change this world to the way it supposed to be!

Don’t burden people you want to stick around. Sunshine and roses always. People like a positive attitude and a smile, unless they’re emo , then it’s ok

2 Likes

Only people I’m pretty sure are ready to hear about it. I try to fill my life with hobbies so that I’m not thinking about my limitations and the things I can’t have in life.

2 Likes

My siblings know about me having SZ and they pretty much said they knew something was different about me even when I was younger.

1 Like

I use humour when speaking about it a lot

4 Likes

Humor is good idea but what if they dont understand

1 Like

I meant only to close people, like family and friends

1 Like

I only talk about it on this forum. My family doesn’t want to hear about it. So, I don’t say anything to them. I only have one friend. I don’t talk about it to her. Even though she’s sza too. She has a lot of other serious problems. Like Alzheimer’s, cancer and emphysema.

3 Likes

I’d like if people were open minded enough to entertain my thoughts on schizophrenia. I’d love to be honest with people and that they should have a genuine interest in the subject…

2 Likes

I told my son people think you’re a great conversationalist when you just listen to them talk about themselves. He recently told me this worked a lot for him when talking with girls.

We get to talk about our private stuff with doctors. And that’s where you should talk symptoms stuff.

It’s kind a like old people that want to talk about my knee hurts my back hurts my head hurts and nobody really wants to listen to that.

2 Likes

I used to hide it like I had the Plague but when there was less to lose in life I began to disclose it to everyone I knew because it was difficult to otherwise explain why I was in such pathetic shape.

1 Like

I’ve found personally if you disclose things that differentiate you and make you an “other”, you’ll find it easier to weed through judgemental people and those who wont treat you differently for your illness

3 Likes

I don’t tell anyone, its none of their business. My philosophy for 37 years has been, “Why tell someone something that they will just use against me”? Certain people know: psychiatrists, therapists, friends who also have schizophrenia, family, at certain jobs my bosses knew before they hired me but I didn’t tell my co-workers. I don’t pry into other peoples business, I rarely cause trouble, I pay my taxes, I act fairly normal, I’m a hard worker. For these reasons I feel I have the right to keep my medical conditions to myself.

4 Likes

I talk about my sza a little with my sister, and I have texted my ex-wife about it, since she saw me through a psychotic break. I occasionally talk about it in a very limited way with my best bud. That’s it, though, the three people closest to me.

1 Like

Last November I made a “coming out” post on fb regarding my MI, but I wasn’t counting that since I did not talk symptoms at all in that post. So yeah, there are others who know it about me, but I don’t actually talk to them about it.

2 Likes