To eat animal products or not. I'm still not sure

I think there is a big difference between eating your pet cow Bessie and a cow raised specifically for eating. I like to support local farms because I know they are not being abused. I grew up on a farm, and we raised animals as food. I think it is possible to respect your food sources and still eat meat.

My sister in law is a vegan. I respect that. I do agree that I don’t think it is cruelty to eat eggs, cheese, milk, etc. since they produce them naturally. But I am against animal factories. I buy from local farmers, but it is more expensive than what you can get at superstores.

2 Likes

So.

The Question Arrives.

Where is Freedom For The Animals in Cages to Feed Nations That Can’t Plant Their Own Gardens In Which Could Solve The Entire Issue (???)… . …

Gardens are important but I don’t think you can survive solely on plants. I do have to have a good amount of protein in my diet. If I consumed the amount of protein solely in plants that I need to survive, I would be unable to eat that amount in a day.

According to Whom Exactly (???)… . …

Medical professionals and dieticians. There are multiple nations and tribes that don’t have a lot of animals, but use them to provide animal products without killing them. I think that’s great.

You Are an Individual Aren’t You?.

You. That is The Person. That is YOU.

Only You Can Discover What Your Personal, Personal Body Requires…,

Charts And Graphs Are Useless For Individuals That Listen Carefully to What it is Their Body Asks For…,

Your Body Doesn’t Live in a Microscope…,

It’s Your Shell. That Surrounds Your Spirit, Your Aura, And All of Your Circuits of Energy…,

Eating Meat is Consuming Death…,

So With a Lil Bit of Commonsense And Some Thought For The Innocent. It Doesn’t Take Much Leap to Realize There Probably is a Better, More Efficient Way to Survive… . …

I watched a series from way back Gordon Ramsay’s The F Word and he would raise and butcher different animals at one of his earlier homes. Back when he was just getting big and his oldest was still young, so maybe early 00’s? But it was a BBC show on Hulu and uncensored, so my kids and I watch it and I think the best advice he got was season 1. Don’t let the kids name the turkeys you are going to butcher for Christmastime. They got them as young turkeys, raised them in the yard, and Gordon had the 3 kids name the damned 6 or 7 turkeys, so at end of season he told the kids to say their goodbyes, kids took it pretty good, and they butchered them in the backyard. The next season I think they did veal calves, no naming of them. But he used a friend’s property to raise them cause of space. Actually was really cool. But I went deer hunting in 2nd grade with my Papa, he taught me how to do the field gutting and then back home in the garage how to butcher. I still vaguely remember how to cut up a deer, but I know I’d suck at the skinning cause I was bad to start with.

I agree with @ATARI to a degree, we each have our own DNA and need to determine what level of plant or animal based food we require to feel well.

However, I have no doubt there are a large number of people that have ancestors that lived in snowy climates that require meat to be healthy.

We agree to disagree. However you choose to live your life is up to you.

Thus Should Be a Plaque On My Wall.

A plaque in the shape of a bean? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I just had a nice ham sandwich with whipped butter on sweet rolls. It was good. But I must admit that when I eat chicken I sometimes think of those documentaries where you see 20 chickens crammed in a small cage and their legs atrophy. Poor things.

Your Sarcasm May Get You The Nobel Peace Prize…,

Never Give Up (!!!)… . …

I think America has lost an appreciation of their food sources. Most nations respect their food sources no matter what they eat. They are grateful for what they have. I think America has excess food production.

3 Likes

That wasn’t sarcasm. I meant it. I just don’t know what I could personally do about it.

Sars Chasm Probably… . …

Plants don’t have nervous system and brains.

Picking a carrot or tomato is not the same to the suffering of so many animals.

So many animals live in horrid conditions and are tortured and abused.
Get no love or appreciation but instead locked and restrained in awful environment where they suffer.

They feel fear and pain.

The documentaries dominion and cowspiracy show a bit.

Animal agriculture is also not good for the environment and cause to deforestation and most water is used for animals even in drought.

Most of the soybeans go to feed animals that are slaughtered for food.

I am a vegan for the animals but also for the environment.

I think it is a insult to belittle the suffering of the animals.

It Is real and tragic.

Sure I have talked to plants but I don’t believe they feel pain like animals and humans with brains and nervous system etc

1 Like

I don’t think that’s a word. And I don’t think @ThePickinSkunk was being sarcastic. I understand. I guess that’s why people become vegetarians. They want to change the world.

1 Like

When Did Science Grip The Universe in Such a Horrific Manner (???)…,

No Seriously Someone Hand Me a Year, i Need to Research Real Quick… . …

Perhaps, Change The World in a Sense…,

But as You Can See…,

No One Actually Cares About Creatures That Don’t Speak The Same Language as Them…,

It’s a Moral Spirit One Carries as Has Been Said…,

But The Drive is Handed Down From What We Were Fed as Children…,

Happy Meals, YAY!, A Toy With a Dead Cow (!!!)…,

It’s a Serious Problem, That No One Blinks an Eye Towards… . …