Thread about talents

What is a talent you have? Can be “useless” or otherwise.

My friends think I’m an endless reservoir of song lyrics. They’ll start singing something and be unable to recall the lyrics past a certain point in the song, then I’ll step in and help them out. I don’t see a practical application for this talent outside of a singing career, and I can’t sing, lol. :laughing:

14 Likes

My talent is win lottery but I never used it🙁

6 Likes

My talent is doing what I can . I quite good perform at my job and video games and whatever I do

2 Likes

I’m good at learning clinical psychology.

3 Likes

My talent is having schizophrenia.

My second talent is figuring out how to get rid of it.

I’m pretty useless otherwise. Should probably skill up in something.

2 Likes

It would have been much easier to answer this a few years ago. Now I’m not sure what to say…

I used to have a great talent : problem solving. But now my main talent appears to be avoiding my PC and doing everything on my phone. :joy:

3 Likes

You may have talents you haven’t noticed. I learned to draw just doodling and I started learning clinical psychology with google. It wasn’t until years later I relized I was good at these things.

3 Likes

Thanks!

How do you utilize that clinical psychology? Did you get a certificate / degree in it?

I dabble in health science, particularly around schizophrenia, but I don’t have the mental fitness to get a degree in it, in some capacity.

Kind of stuck with remote work, due to being mentally frail.

1 Like

My therapist tells me that I would be a good therapist

2 Likes

I am musically talented… though for some reason, the guitar stumped me. I can play the violin, viola, piano, flute, french horn, alto sax, clarinet, piccolo, etc.

I’m also great at training and working with dogs. Even disabled ones (deaf and/or blind).

9 Likes

I play guitar…how did it stump you if you can play those other instruments? I probably couldn’t.

3 Likes

No clue… I think it’s because I learned the other instruments when I was still well and retained the ability to play them. The guitar was new to me, post-diagnosis.

2 Likes

I am an artist, an author and a musician…not in that order…I don’t paint anymore…just don’t have the heart for it.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you don’t have the heart for it. That’s sad.

2 Likes

I can bend my little fingers backwards until they’re in a 45° angle with the back of my hand.

4 Likes

Does that hurt? :o

No, but people find it pretty shocking for some reason.
It feels like a good stretch. I’m considering learning how to make it more theatrical by making it seem like I’m breaking the finger.

4 Likes

Good memory. Apply to something else- to make money?

2 Likes

A talent that I haven’t or have infrequently mentioned is singing.A while ago I wanted to make covers of some tracks by razed in black. With me doing the vocals. Thing is, the structure is slightly random.

3 Likes

Its pretty amazing that you work with this ilness @anon48059102. I never could do it while I was symptomatic.

3 Likes