Thinking to introduce the antidepressant ... Light therapy doesn't help

Pdoc said to increase the dose of antipsychotic if I take an antidepressant to prevent mania… but why as I already take a mood stabalier, and an antipsychotic. I am thinking to not increase the antipsychotic but just to add teh antidepressant…]

So 10mg Abilify
600MG tegretol
and 10mg vortioxetine aka Brintellix or Trintellix

I think you should listen to your pdoc. Don’t experiment on your own just yet

2 Likes

well… she did say i could as I have not had a psychosis in years. the antipsychotic was to prevent the psychosis in the first place… If I do get signs of mania then onviously i will go to the dr and get the antipsychotic increased… i think i am pretty on it and have pretty good insight…

1 Like

Yeah listen to your pdoc if he tells you to buy aquarium then buy it

I am very crazy :crazy_face:

1 Like

apparently this med is easy to come off…

There’s a protocol to give bipolar patients antidepressants and that’s probably his reasoning. My pdoc told me about it once but I forget the meds he was going to use. I’d go along with his recommendation

1 Like

i guess i could increase the antipsychotic and add the antidepressant as only temporary measures and then come off of it in a few months… if it is seasonale then i should be able to …

1 Like

I wish to be on the minimum amount of medication. I would think adding and adding more drugs is not a good idea. I am on a single medication, Seroquel, at a dosage that works good for me and isn’t excessively high.

me too but i choose the meds over the suffering if it is a combo that works i have no choice.

1 Like

Sorry the light therapy doesn’t work for you. I’m sure your pdoc has reasons for the med change. I would try it, especially if it easy to get off of.

Have you tried exercise and a heathy diet to see what that can do for you?

1 Like

If I had the energy to do it I could I just froze my gym membership I don’t have the motivation at all.

1 Like

Hmm try to do something anything at all if you can! Start small, just 5 push ups or sit ups at a time. Thats like what i am doing to get back into it gradually. Exercise plus good food is going to raise your serotonin and endorphins making you feel stable and happy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.