Schizophrenia.com

They really want to lay a guilt trip on everyone

When mental illness is most likely caused by income inequality. If people become billionaires, but the poor are dying young, it’s not employment, it’s slavery. If conditions people live in are normal, I doubt if schizophrenia would even develop. It just proof people are being forced to live abnormally. Around here, I’m pretty sure they wish income inequality was even worse.

2 Likes

Hmm.

I Wonder. You Say “normal”.

I Ask. What is Normal?.

If You Were One, Out of 100 People. And Every Single Person Outside of Yourself, Stole Something From a Shop. Everytime They Went to a Store.

Would You Consider That “normal”, And Fitting Behavior?.

And Since 99 People Are Looking at The 1, Who Decided to Not Break The Law. Wishing to Give That Person Some Sort of Vengeance For Disagreeing With The Majority.

Would That Also Be Considered “normal?”.

All Because The 1 Has Decided to Think With His/Her Heart And Look Beyond The Horizon in Their Close Proximity.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Bat Beam Dream (sleepoptimistic)
:owl: :alien: :owl:

1 Like

I don’t think what you said has anything to do with what I said. When I say normal, I mean a person isn’t being forced to live under abusive conditions to make a living wage. If they are, it’s not employment, it’s slavery.

1 Like

I don’t think what you said, has anything to do with what I said. When I say normal, I mean a person isn’t forced to work under abusive conditions to make a living wage. If they are, its not employment, its slavery. If the poor are dying at a younger age than the rich, it’s because they were forced to be slaves.

I don’t think poverty or beeing rich has much to do with it. The only indirect cause from beeing poor would be that you got malnutritioned since that can lead to mental illness, or if you live in a environment where you are constantly stressed. There are kings who have been schizoprenic. I’m pretty sure there was a king in england that was insane, and also there was a danish king in the 18th century that was schizoprenic. That’s just the few I happen to know, I’m sure there are a lot more examples.

1 Like

I feel like big corporations are just modern day slavery. Everyone is assigned a number to punch in with, low wages, poor working conditions. All low paying jobs which is probably all I could get are physically demanding jobs. The shape I’m in after getting schizophrenia there is no way I’d be slaving at a job like that again

3 Likes

Being poor leads to severe mental illness/severe mental illness leads to being poor?

1 Like

Poor environmental conditions lead to more stress, less access to treatments, higher relapse rates–so in a sense yes being in a minority or poverty situation makes everything worse for someone with schizophrenia. However, mainstream is still that schizophrenia is an inherited condition and has nothing to do with your social status or class.

4 Likes

No known family history of psychosis for at least the last 100 years or so. Middle class upbringing. Privately educated from 8-18. IQ-poverty-mental illness-social class- interlinked or not?

1 Like

There is overwhelming evidence of the link between poverty and lack of mental well-being often leading to mental disorders. Sz however offers a more complicated picture. It is an unfortunate trait of advanced capitalist societies its insistence on medicalising human suffering without addressing the underlying social causes.

4 Likes

Sorry @Brendalyn, Agree to Disagree.

Don’t Think We’re on The Same Page.

Have a Great Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening And or Night.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Bat Beam Dream (sleepoptimistic)
:owl: :alien: :owl:

Not sure if this input on topic, nor if it’s accurate. But I would suspect that people who live in poverty are probably not even aware that they are depressed/mentally ill.

All they see is darkness and they think that’s normal because of their prolonged conditions of living in poverty. Elevating them from poverty could actually improve their mental health. But it’s only a guess.

I was just reading about researchers who found increased mental illness in places with income inequality. Also increased mortality and serious crime. I’ve seen other articles about childhood poverty being a factor.

1 Like

Well, my mom who was illegitimate and forced to live in poverty, even though her father wasn’t poor came down with schizophrenia. I did, probably because I might as well have been illegitimate too. My father wasn’t poor either. Maybe it’s the rejection, I don’t know.