They(dogs) have two types of colour receptor cells and see colour within two spectrums of light: blue and yellow

While science has shown that dogs can engage with television and that they prefer certain programmes, it has yet to delve into the complex question of whether they actually enjoy it.

So dogs basically see two types of colors, which are yellow and blue. I’d be interested into learn how someone figured that out. My family never had a dog that paid any attention to the tv.

This makes me think about the colors humans see. I’ve talked about this before with friends. I can’t remember exactly what was said. Someone brought up a color maybe it was green. They said you see green right? But what if the color you see is red because you interpret it differently. I’m not sure if this is a thing or my friend was trying to sound smart without knowing anything.

2 Likes

Birds can see into the infrared spectrum. It’s interesting how they come up with this stuff.

Oh and apparently dogs never look up unless it’s at their owners or something tasty to be had.

3 Likes

This is from Shaun of the Dead, right? I remember watching my dog pretty closely to see if he ever looked up after I watched the movie.

1 Like

I don’t remember where I heard that from. Shaun of the Dead was a great movie though.

1 Like

How do you even figure something like that out? Maybe dogs can see color just fine.

1 Like

Skunky,
Today, we smelled a skunk. He didn’t make it. I thought about you, and smiled lol
Take care

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.