There are soooooo many crime and law enforcement shows on TV

I occasionally go in and watch TV with my parents. I don’t much care for the overwhelming number of these shows. Police, FBI, Trial shows, other related law crime dramas. It’s like one right after the other on Antenna TV. There are so many that I can’t even keep track of which one is which for most of them. Just an observation.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed this too.

I’ve also noticed on Netflix there’s an overwhelmingly amount of serial killer shows.

Great late night viewing, eh?

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yes. I enjoy them. Except for the British ones. I really dislike British television.

4 Likes

Glad to see you back @Bowens. CBS is worst with the police/crime shows.

2 Likes

It’s such a shame. I wonder how many different genres, stories, even storytelling formats could shine and give people who watch free to air TV a break from the relentless onslaught of crime dramas. I don’t even mind a good crime drama myself if it isn’t crawling with propaganda, but one after the other, over and over and over? Couldn’t we use that time to explore the vast wealth of different media that’s out there? Give us sci fi nerds something to watch!! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah my old man watches the modern British crime shows. They are so formulaic and boring to me. No guns or action like American cop shows and it’s mainly just endless talking. I can’t stand them either!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.