The Xmas meal thread

Roast dinner turkey, ham and beef. Just had it. Going to try and not eat for rest of day.

3 Likes

gasp

A Hawaiian roll is a sweet yeast rolls. King’s Hawaiian makes some awesome rolls.

3 Likes

It was a rehab unit Xmas meal for me. Turkey, roast spuds, carrots, overcooked spouts, two minute pigs in blankets,gravy.stuffing ball

3 Likes

My brother has invited me over at 5:00 pm to eat a smoked pork roast. I can hardly wait.

2 Likes

I have too much food done already. I had to stop cooking for awhile or we’d have Xmas lunch instead of dinner.

3 Likes

We’re having pancake muffins for lunch instead.

8 Likes

My Christmas meal is a bag of Utz cheese curls

4 Likes

We are having Chinese because everyone is on a different diet and a big turkey dinner would just go to waste.

5 Likes

My Christmas Eve menu:

Baguette with mushrooms and truffle oil
Courgette-pea soup with feta and hazelnuts
Wellington with mushrooms, goat cheese and pumpkin
Chocolate moelleux with icecake and cranberry yam

My sister and mum took care of the kitchen and it was delicious.

Grateful for a pleasant evening that went by in the blink of an eye.

4 Likes

No meal or party for me. Just whatever in the freezer.

2 Likes

We’re just hanging out today, my sister and some friends later. The fancier dinner with more people is tomorrow. Today, I think they’re getting chicken and watching football, so my sister will make me vegan sausage and fries. She’s cool that way.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness. Are your parents looking to adopt?

:heart:

3 Likes

:nauseated_face:

4 Likes

We had three varieties of tamales and two types of pozole. Tamales were chicken, pork, and cheese while the pozole was pork and chicken. I’m pretty sure with the amount there are that will be what I eat for the next 5 days at least.

4 Likes

Chinese is wonderful on Xmas

2 Likes

My daughter’s boyfriend is Mexican American and as far as I know they do the “traditional American” holiday meal. I definitely would not mind traditional Mexican food for Xmas.

2 Likes

I just had leftovers from Christmas. Ham and smoked salmon.

Tomorrow I’m going out to eat sushi with my sister. I’m ordering California rolls with some hot sauce! Yum!

3 Likes

We’ve had different types of traditional xmas meals for the past 4 days now.
My dad is making “æbleskiver” at the moment. It translates to “appleslices”, but there are no apples in it.
It’s a Danish christmas snack which is essentially balls of dough fried in a pan with round holes in it

1 Like

I had Xmas eve dinner, as well as a big late breakfast on Xmas day, at my sister’s house.

For the dinner, my brother in law smoked a rib roast, so I had two helpings of prime rib with au jus, and cheesy potatoes. I wasn’t adventurous enough to try the horseradish sauce my sister made for the prime rib or, for that matter, the king crab legs they had. I’m just not big on shellfish/crustaceans.

The next day for breakfast I ate biscuits and sausage gravy, sausage links, scrambled eggs with cheese, and hash browns. I had no interest in the breakfast casserole, and had no room left in my stomach for the French toast.

The food is the best part of the holidays for me.

5 Likes

I haven’t had prime rib with au jus in years. Talk about good eatin’!

2 Likes