The rumination in schizophrenia

Hi friends! So lets talk about this if you are willing…
Oh yeah, I ruminate a lot… I guess there are just some sick thoughts too among the others, but anyway… I sometimes worry so much about a task, which should be done, that I cant stop thinking.
Some other times, I just obsess over some information etc etc… Sometimes I ruminate so much, that I get headaches… I make myself sick…
But why any ap didn’t relieve this? In fact I try a lower dose of my Zyprexa now and I find myself a bit more relieved… Did your ap help you for the rumination? Is it a typical sign of sz?
Ok, its not good either to not think at all, but obsessing over things and just calculating info here as I do is sh**** too…
Should I work to get out of this with my efforts? In fact, I have no other solution, i’ll try to work on my thinking with efforts yeap… But yeap, there was never an ap who sedated my brain to some kind of relaxed state, idk why, its strange :thinking:
But I guess sz is mostly an illness of the thinking as you said it to me, yeap… Oh gosh, I have it lol :smiley: ! jk… I try to get used to my dx in fact too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, ok, thanks for those articles…Yeah, I always had insight, too much insight, so I became lost in my ill mind :confused: It looks like rumination is linked more to depression, so that’s why aps don’t help I guess? I am better on a smaller dose of an ap now… I’ll try to beat the depression with something else… I am on Depakote too, which maintains me, but am still in the negatives and depressed yeap. A lot of work to change this mind, isn’t it? :slight_smile:
I also cant handle ads, they increase my paranoia…

Who else ruminated a lot before? Did it get better for you? I’ll try to beat it with efforts now cause can’t handle ads… Maybe I have too much free time? But I still can’t do a lots of things because of the anxiety…
I hope I’ll get better on this faster, not in years, idk…

I am prone to ruminating . I would imagine many of us are .

1 Like

I’m always ruminating.

1 Like

I don’t even know wat it means ruminating thou I’ve heard it a hundred times on here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It means always thinking… But I have often very intellectually deficiently thoughts too lol :smile:

2 Likes

You are doing so much better @Anna1 than you were a couple months ago. Yes it takes a lot of work but remember to enjoy the ride once in a while. lol

3 Likes

I have always had a mind that tends to ruminate.

I just ignore it all and try to have fun. I think that’s the point of life, schizophrenic or not. My sleeping mind does the worrying apparently.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks that you are so concerned about me gobey! I am so f*****ly alone the most of the time, its sad… I get ragy still against my years of isolation then, but now I aim the better :grinning: but I am a bit better only because of my efforts tbh. The meds still don’t do nothing except keep me on my feet for some hours(and it’s not even the whole time)… Tbh I look for the spark in my head now… And just to stop feeling all the schizophrenic sensations in my head… The aps were useless on this too, I tried them for ten years… Yeah, I guess my thinking suffered and consequently my body… If I recover on my thinking, it will be some stabilisation, isn’t it? :blush:
For the ruminating yeah, it’s crazy here… I sometimes just can’t stop it… It goes for hours lol, but with a fast speed too… But I take it now as it comes, cause its still a thinking…
Idk why I am paranoid still either… Maybe I have low confidence and am still scared to be judged as crazy or some other things too… Anyway, I get boring now but yeah, I just wonder if I’ll be able to get out of this hole if I continue like this, on my own, not counting so much on the meds? Unfortunately, I am from the szs for which the meds even didn’t get them out of the house… I even should learn to talk without blockages irl… But OK, I wanted it all before so I’ll try to chill on this too lol :smile:. This forum is really great, at least I am less alone yeap… Tough illness… I guess if I tell to my acquaintances irl that I live in loneliness since twenty years, they’ll treat me as a freak… Or as too ill which is sad too…
But yeah, I really don’t understand why my ap never “sedated” my brain? I was in terrible pain on bigger doses… They don’t work like this, is that right? But it’s clear though, I need some dose still… Its very bad off it, life threatening even…

1 Like

And sorry for the long posts… I am always worse in the nights… I still am scared to piss the others but I’ll work on those things…

1 Like

At different times I have experienced a great deal of rumination. I know I could not stop this. But I have been reading different places lately and I wonder if meditation or listening to calm music could help? Just a thought.
I googled, “how to meditate,” and got good advice on the internet.
I think rumination is not just thinking a lot, it is a stream of non-productive thinking. It does not decide anything. My dictionary does not define the rumination of thinking. (It defines what it means in cows chewing their cud.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.