The nicotine tick

It’s been 14 hours since I smoked, at least. I’ve been managing to forget about it off and on. Every now and then though my mind has this hilarious tendency to just sit there and tick on the idea for a couple minutes.

Kind of reminds me of the occasions where my cat just sits at my feet and meows for bit.

I think I’ve got it beat this time. I recognize the impulse to smoke, but there is no desire. Just more programming to undo. It’s pretty laughable how easy it is this time, after years of failed attempts. Finally got passed all the stress factors of the illness(or at least can insulate myself from them when allowed.)

Got a good album on.

I will say time seems drastically slower today than it did yesterday. I’m pretty sure I’ll adjust to that as well.

This is my first step in becoming a focused, productive individual. Smoking kept me chained up since I was 18 whether it was pot or cigarettes.

2 Likes

You can’t, baby, you’ve got to either get the patch, gum, e’cigs or any number of stuff they got out there.

It’s more addictive than heroin.

No seriously I’m done. Every hour will only get easier.

I don’t want any of that ■■■■■■■■ chemical in my brain. At this point even the carbon monoxide is out of my blood stream. I’m running clean. That feels good enough to keep me going. As well as a long list of other things.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! :birthday: !!!

1 Like

Thanks breaux ( fifteen characters)

1 Like

I quit smoking eight years ago. It’s one of the best gifts I ever gave myself. It gets easier the longer you can hold up. But your mind will say …cigarette. …cigarette…cigarette… a million more times before the craving gives way. Good luck I wish you success in quitting.

1 Like

I’m kind of enjoying it already man. The ticks though, you know what I’m talking about.

Jedi mindtricking myself “There is no such thing as tobacco, there never was.”

1 Like

The worst part of the day is when you run out of fresh songs to hear.

1 Like

Yuuuuuuuupppppp. #nosmoke

Would like to give a shout out to @notmoses and @sarad for there support and theories on mindfulness , They both some wonderfully conceited people. Lets give them a hand. :sunglasses:

Just ■■■■■■■ around im rather conceited too.

Time to pass out.

The time it’s easy… Is the time to give up for good
I tried to quit for eight years it was difficult I tried one more time it was easy nine years later I haven’t had a cigarette X
If I would have wanted one enough I would have had one

1 Like

Good luck! you can do this! stay positive :o)

1 Like

my dad had an open heart when he was 55. some years later, he still smokes two packs a day and he always has breathing issues. Cigarettes are one of the worst things ever created. Also you stink when you smoke! your clothes, hair, teeth go yellow + the affect on your lungs. So glad you decided to ditch it! way to go!!

2 Likes

I smoked a pipe tobacco called Dokha it didn’t smell as bad and there was less smoke involved. It also had no additives and there were some other advantages to it.

It is very potent stuff. If I were to smoke a bowl of it now I’d go through what my group of friends call the “dokha blast.” Intense nicotine buzz for 20 to 30 seconds. I never really liked that experience. Disorienting and only happens if you wait a long amount of time between smoking.

But that’s all whatever. Doing fine. Feeling comfortable.

3 Likes

This thread has helped me smoke less. I am almost down to 3 cigarettes a day. Hope I can keep it that way.

2 Likes

Around noon today I will be out of cigarettes and I am telling myself “today is the day” I give up cigs for good. good for you @SoitGoes

welcome to the forum @anon9798425

4 Likes

I am grateful to be free of nicotine! The cravings will pass whether one smokes or not. And I’m saving money, too!

Jayster

4 Likes