Second day of no smoking

I started up again recently because I found a job. I’m back to no smoking and it’s my second day. I’m fiending for one hard but I know I shouldn’t do it. Don’t want a heart attack or stroke. I hope everyone is having a good day.

11 Likes

Good luck. You can do it !

2 Likes

No, you can’t do it. You need to get on a nicotine supplement, like the gum or the patch.

good luck in quitting.

2 Likes

I don’t need the patch or gum. I can do without.

1 Like

Wishing you the best!

1 Like

Thanks @everhopeful @FatMama :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The patch and gum are just trading one addiction for another. Only way that works good is to go through the withdrawal process and get it over with. Then it’s just a mind over matter thing.

2 Likes

Daze is right. You need a supplement. It’s the only way. I was on the Lozzenge 4.5 years before finally giving up nicotine. Your chances of success with no help are slim.

4 Likes

I stopped too. I’m 2 weeks without one. My main motivation was oral cancer, and I was freaking out bad. But anyways I wish you luck man cigarettes are death.

1 Like

@anon97970229 you sound like a Hypochondriac like myself. I was worrying about having a stroke.

1 Like

LOL, I’m man! Oh god it is the worst fear; dying a painful way.

1 Like

We’re pulling for you, man. You can do it.

1 Like

Thanks @crimby I appreciate it :smiley:

You got this! I believe in you!

What kind of job did you get? Congratulations!

1 Like

@anon39736208 a warehouse general labor position

Congrats! Good for you! You’ll be so busy at work, you won’t think of a cigarette!

1 Like

I’m with Daze a nicotine supplement will make it easier to stay off especially when your fiending for one

1 Like

Canuk,
I recently quit smoking cigs. You can do THIS! it’s hard when you’re driving, I know. If you get your car smelling all good, who knows ?
Good luck.

Oops Canuk… wrong job lol oops

1 Like

I used nicoret gum to quit. Used it for 3 months while slowly weaning myself off of nicotine by going to the next lower dose.

It’s possible to quit without a nicotine supplement, but if you find it too hard then try a patch, gum, or lozenge. It makes it waaaaay easier.

2 Likes