The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings movies

During my teen and young adult years I was in a strict fundamentalist church and we were told those movies were evil. I’ve never seen any of them. I’d like to though. I also never read or saw Harry Potter movies and books. I missed so much. I still am affected by my time with that church. I need to start doing the things I missed out on.

6 Likes

Just whatever you do, don’t say the word “Voldemort”. It’s forbidden!!!

Enjoy these great fantasy worlds

How about Alice in wonderland. Was that allowed ??

1 Like

I thought the first half of the lord of the rings movie was good, and the second half boring. I didn’t watch the remaining 2 movies or the hobbit as a result.

The harry potter movies are good entertainment but over rated in my opinion. I don’t think I’ve seen them all though.

1 Like

You definitely missed out. Those are all great classics. :chipmunk::chipmunk::chipmunk:

3 Likes

I loved all of them. Saw them when they first came out on video, have them all on DVD.

2 Likes

Nope! But I’ve seen Alice in Wonderland.

1 Like

Interesting. You’re the first person to say that about the Harry Potter movies to me

1 Like

Alice in wonderland is my very favorite but Harry Potter is really ingenious too as far as it goes for fantastic worlds and stories

Recommend reading Harry Potter books before the movies :movie_camera: :popcorn:

1 Like

@CoCo you could read the first Harry Potter then watch the first movie. Then read the second and so on. Sounds like It would Be a great adventure

1 Like

Good idea @Jonnybegood!

1 Like

Lord of the Rings - read the books.

2 Likes

LS! You missed a lot. The Hobbit was the first English language book I have read. I was eleven years old : fifty one years ago. I never stopped reading English language books.

1 Like

one of my favorite books trilogy, Lord of the Rings…love the movies too…getting ready to watch all the Harry Potter movies…if you ask @Ninjastar she can give you the right full list of how the Harry Potter movies go in sequence…she did it for me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I did miss a lot. I’m trying to broaden my horizons and expose myself to new things I deep down I know are innocent fun

1 Like

Oh cool! Thanks for the tip @jukebox!

@Ninjastar, what’s the order of the Harry Potter movies?

I have not watched any of these but my partner absolutely loved reading Lord of the rings and hobbit and has seen the films… he says he’s in tears over the things that take place … i want to see these movies but could not get into the books

1 Like

I love the LOTR books and movies and the Harry Potter books and movies. I’ve seen the LOTR dozens of times. I reccomend seeing them asap.

1 Like

By all means peter pan should be banned to. :rofl:

1 Like

Lol. So funny @anon53623539

1 Like
  1. Harry potter and the Sorceror’s Stone (it is called Philosopher’s Stone in British releases)
  2. Harry potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (this starts the point where it might be too dark or scary for young kids)
  5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (my personal favorite)
  6. Harry Pitter and the Half Blood Prince
  7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1
  8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2
1 Like