The beings still talk to me

They always talk. And at first after taking geodon they couldn’t get outside of my head at all. But since yesterday they’ve been making me hear things again. Is it possible for something that exists only in your mind to have its own mind? Is it possible for things thaf exist only in your mind to break through walls that prevent physical interaction with things in your mind? Because if they truly are products of my own mind, they should’ve gone away when I took the medicine that I was given. And they did for awhile, but they’re slowly working to escape my mind now. I don’t think there’s anything anyone can do about that. So I guess then the next question is what do I do? How do I live knowing that these entities may escape at any time? Even if my mind created them, some of them want to hurt me. My mom says it’s just OCD. I don’t think I believe her. I mean, OCD isn’t a living thing, is it?

Some people’s illness is more resistant to medication than others, and for some, the meds only partially tamp down the symptoms but not fully. It’s difficult. Meds take a while to work, certain ones can stop working. It’s a bit of a process to find the right meds.

2 Likes

Thanks @ZombiePupper. A process. I’ll try to think of it like that.

2 Likes

How much Geodon do you take?

I have a few theories about the beings that I’m trying to work out. I’m really confused and frustrated.

I take 80 milligrams

Do you take it twice a day?

just once a day

You need to take it twice a day if you are still having symptoms. It has a short half life.

I used to take it once a day and I got psychotic every afternoon. It’s hard to get used to taking it in the morning though. It makes you sleepy at first but eventually you get used to it.

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll talk to my psychiatrist. I’m scared because I don’t want anyone to get mad at me.

I have beings saying that it’s a bad idea and that I shouldn’t take it. Lol they always say that. They think I shouldn’t take any medicine.

Don’t feel bad. It took me years to figure out I needed it twice a day. It makes all the difference in the world. I take 80 in the morning and 80 at night but I started with just 20 in the morning and 80 at night. I had to go up.

Research the half life on line. There is plenty of info on it. You have plenty of room to adjust.

1 Like

It says the half life is 7 hours. That’s bad because I take it at night. It helps a lot with my concentration but not as much with the beings.

When you add the morning dose it will even out. At first it makes you sleepy though. I was working when I first got prescribed it twice a day and when I took it in the morning I would get to work and have to take a nap.

Long story short I was prescribed to take it twice a day but I took it all at night (both doses) for a few years and wondered why I got psychotic every afternoon. I never told my doctor I wasn’t taking it in the morning. Now it doesn’t make me tired anymore when I take it in the morning.

Maybe I should ask if I can split up the dose then. Thank you @TomCat. :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.