Teh stoopid, it hurtz

I steadfastly maintain that a schizophrenic with a gun isn’t even half as dangerous as an utter moron operating a vehicle. Badly.

https://twitter.com/vicpdcanada/status/697573926050910208

Just… Gawd.

Pixel.

At least a gun only has a certain number of shots. Remember those cars that ran into those crowds? I don’t know where you live Pixel, but there was a spate of reckless drivers who hit crowds of people in my country. One of them was a drunk female executive who just left a night club. If someone were so inclined they could take out a lot more people with a car than a gun. Especially if we shoot at “them” instead of them. :wink:

A small town in the prairie section of Western Canada. Think hills, farms, and cows. I drive a bulk fuel truck that carries 17,000 L of boom. Me having a bad day at work could certainly affect a large number of my neighbours.

I do everything I can to operate carefully, but the general public doesn’t co-operate. I drive the posted speed limit, which means I’m tailgated constantly. Younger drivers seem to think it’s a good idea to ‘draft’ my truck. I’ve learned to watch for them creeping up behind and I know they’re drafting when I can’t see them in either mirror and they haven’t passed me or turned off. That’s when I creep to the right to pick up the gravel at the edge of the road and toss it at them so they back off. Better a few chips in their paint than a casualty.

Illegal, unsafe passes nearly resulting in a collision? Have to report several per week. And don’t get me started on the number of people I pass who are looking at their phone instead of the road.

Pixel.

That gravel thing is a great idea. I don’t know where on the rockless farms I could use it, but maybe if I moved someday because yeah. Some dumb kid’s ‘drafting’ (there’s a different word for it here, I can’t remember it but I know what you’re talking about) you and they hit you and suddenly they were the world’s last hope to cure cancer, a future NFL quarterback, was about to take up the violin, was about to become a ballerina, etc. and now they’re dead/paralyzed/injured/have whiplash and you must be sued right away!

No. It’s a dumb drunk high school kid that made a (characteristically) stupid choice.

Sorry I went off like that :frowning: It is good idiot prevention though.

Yeah, pretty much.

That was me at one point in my life. Half the reason I drive like such a pussy now is that I probably used up all of my luck on the road and then some back in my youth, if one is to be honest.

Pixel.

:slight_smile: You learned. I need to learn to get some aggression. My mom has taught me so many bad habits. C’s mom gave me a coupon for driving lessons with someone who had actually been an instructor. We haven’t done much but what we have done is fixing what she told me!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.