SZ as a disorder of high IQ and other theories

Yeah, I’m reading her book. Supportive Jewish family.

Szs are more likely to skew towards the far left than the far right on the bell curve. By its very nature though a forum like this will, as a whole, attract more cognitively able people with sz. Vocabulary is most regarded as the best indicator of a person’s intellectual ability.

Thats funny. If there is a will there is a way. Survival. Put a carrot in front of a schizophrenia and he can do a lot more than most peoole think. My step father is patient, believes in me, and wants me to succeed. We are actually upgrading a system from analog to digital for a small job. Well im just learning. But its so fun and interesting. Theyre going from incandescent/flourescent bulbs to led. The techmology improvement is impressive.

1 Like

Insightful comment indicative of wisdom.

Seconded!!!

:rofl:

1 Like

So long as people are caring and kind that matters more to me than whether they’re highly intelligent or not. I have no love or time for the contemptuous intellectual. By that I mean someone who uses his/her intellect to put down/sneer at others.

2 Likes

Thanks firemonkey for making sense about delusions of grandeur

A person with delusions of grandeur is ill. He/she may attempt to do things that hurt him/her or others. They need help and support. It’s the mean spirited, highly intelligent ‘normie’ (for want of a better word) that I’m talking about.

1 Like

I don’t know, I certainly lost intelligence but it gets better

I’ve seen and grown up with people that are supposed to have extremely low IQ’s on paper that are some of smartest people I known all grown up. It’s not feasible to me to argue who is smarter when it comes to an IQ test. It’s repetition to keep or advance those smarts. That’s just common knowledge. Its hard getting back up after you go down. I’ve done it too many times.

I do agree its not a good thing to say your smarter than others or extremely boast your extremely intelligent. I’m kinda an a-hole but I am human. It’s funny when someone is actually smarter than me and puts me in my place after acting self righteous. It’s better to be humble. Not sure I would call anyone normal but that’s just me.

1 Like

What you do with it is more important than how intelligent you are. It’s not as though you’ve personally done anything to be highly intelligent, or you’re not intelligent due to a flaw in your character.

For me personally much of my interest,some might say ‘obsession,’ is a mix of autistic interest , and having at least something that I’m not totally useless at. You could say it comes,partly, from being highly insecure.

It not really about high or low IQ. Functioning matters more.

I feel like rainman, forrrest gump, all wrapped into one.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.