SZ and hypersexuality, promiscuity

What med are you on @Aziz (sorry if you said earlier)? You can try different medications which will have different side effects. For you, one that lowers your libido might do the trick. If I was you though, I would worry more about your other symptoms first. I know the meds effect people differently, but Olanzapine and Rexulti lowered my libido. Rexulti in particular, which I am on now.

I know not all people have access to many different ap’s. I’m lucky in that regard. If that includes you I apologise.

1 Like

On Latuda, all my addictions stopped but now I have negative and cognitive symptoms. My psy said Abilify is the best for those but I developped addictions from it. What @anon78876561 is not getting is that our body is different and my psy said its the Abilify that caused my addictions.

Now I only get out of bed to eat and see my psy.
I can’t work, I quit 15 jobs, I gave up. I worked as physio for 32$/h and I worked as a videogame tester for 14$/h. I rage quit both after 1-2 weeks.

I feel mentally disabled now on Latuda.
I tried Risperdal, Zyprexa, Abilify and Latuda.
I had eye tremors with Risperdal.
Zyprexa made me gain lots of weight and sleepy all day.

Here in Canada, we only have a limited range of APs.

I gambled a lot more than usual on Abilify. I understand the subconscious drive it can have on you. It’s like your brain justifies everything for you and it’s near-impossible to fight.

If I were you I’d give Latuda 3 months then if it was still causing problems, try a different med. Trying other meds is a pain in the ass because of the potential side effects, but if you spend 3+ years finding the one that works, you have the rest of your life in relative peace.

1 Like

Exactly, Latuda is the best out of 4 I tried.
I have been more than a year on Latuda 80mg.

I can see some of this…to a point.

When I first went on Abilify, I rang up a large credit card debt…also posted a lot of stupid crap on the internet.

I think it can exacerbate our compulsions.

2 Likes

My psychiatrist wrote this on my diagnosis report:

Schizophrenia with negative symptoms, avolition, apathy and anhedonia.

Okay. If that’s what your doctor said, then okay. I get what you are saying. First you were fighting your illness and now it’s the side effect of the medications. Sometimes you have to figure out what is more important in your life. I took a long time until I found what works for me. I’m on fifteen medications for numerous health issues. I can say that I’ve worked hard to be where I am now because i chose not to follow a path of self destruction in the process of healing.

I still disagree about the prostitutes though. For one it is illegal, and secondly rich people have mistresses, harlots and call girls for centuries. They just don’t call themselves prostitutes.

IMHO, save up some of that hooker money and get a second opinion from a private Pdoc if that is an option.

I stopped hookers since I switched to Latuda over a year and a half ago. This is like the 6th time I repeat myself lol

Sorry @Aziz, I’m in a mood at the moment. I didn’t mean to disrespect you.

1 Like

I got propositioned by a street sex worker years ago while walking downtown. I responded…

“Sweetheart, you could never afford me.” lol

2 Likes

My only issue now is the negative and cognitive symptoms like apathy, anhedonia, avolition, asociality, self-neglect etc

To be honest, it might just take time for these to improve. The first five years of ap’s I was improving those symptoms. It can take quite some time. Give it a while.

It sounds like you are not on the right medication.

If your OFC gets disrupted you will become hypersexual, its medicine. I took 4 psy university courses as electives and got 3 A’s and a B.
Scientists measured neurochemistry when ppl had sex and dopamine is responsible for sex pleasure and addiction. Drugs that affect dopamine WILL make you hypersexual like cocaine etc Just like a disruption in OFC function.

In another study, scientists damaged the frontal lobes of monkeys and they started to have compulsive sex with multiple partners and became more addicted to cocaine. The course the teacher explained this was called Emotion & Motivation Psychology.

Maybe you’re more philosophical than a scientist. Girls are more emotional than men and science’s ennemy is emotions, research is emotionless, its Empirical. At least that how I see things, with science.

Btw I wanted to be a Dr before my SZ and many of my friends became Drs, cardiologists, pediatricians, Brain surgeons, etc

Tangential to the thread, this is me on a good day (like today :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Btw I wanted to be a Dr before my SZ and many of my friends became Drs, cardiologists, pediatricians, Brain surgeons, etc

Adapt to the resources you have and don’t compare yourself to others!

1 Like

That’s why I am really pissed, many of my friends are now doctors who founded families.