SZ and hypersexuality, promiscuity

I was when unmedicated. I was scared of jews because I thought I was Jesus and they’re trying to kill me. I insulted and threatned some jews on FB and federal police agents came to my house to take me to federal prison. My brothers told them that I am not taking my SZ meds and they told me to stop hating on jews and left me alone.

I’m on Abilify, but on and off meds I get hypersexuality. Lately I think it is just me being manic

I tried lithium and its not mania. SZ disrupts OFC brain function responsible for normal social behaviour and controlling impulses like sex, gambling, drug addiction, spending and eating.

Did you try Latuda? I found its the best but still have negative and cognitive symptoms. I am thinking about trying Risperdal+Sarcosine.

Just because you are hyper sexual doesn’t mean you have to be promiscuous. Keep your pants on, and don’t cheat. You are making the choice to cheat. It sounds like you are a sex addict and that you need therapy.

Why it all started with SZ then? Why it got worse with Abilify and why my psychiatrist said its because of Abilify? Why all my addictions stopped when I switched to Latuda?

2 Likes

You judge too fast, I will find you the study about SZ, Abilify and hypersexuality. I was never like that before my SZ, I had a gf for 6 years.

Here’s the OFC function:

You can be an addict separate from having a mental illness. If you have stronger sexual urges because of your meds, then see if you can change your meds. My only statement is that just because you are more sexual does not mean that you should have several multiple partners. You need to have some self control. I know what you mean. Since being on a different med, I have stronger urges. But that does not mean I will cheat on my spouse.

Here you go, I even filed a lawsuit against Abilify from a canadian website that a member here gave me:

My SZ was so severe that I had catatonia where I freeze unresponsive for several minutes. Did you experience this? I still have mild catatonia from time to time:

I think you blame a lot on schizophrenia.

Time to take some responsibility for your life.

I am good girl when sober but when I drank alcohol I always got in to trouble and had sex with strangers not knowing where I was or how to get home.

I had sex on tables in nightclubs and golly knows.

I am faithful and want a faithful relationship.

Stay away from alcohol is my advice.

There are so many ways to fight your compulsions. I suggest talking to a therapist to work on ways to help control those compulsions and urges. Don’t put yourself in the position where you can have easy access to prostitutes. Don’t put yourself in the position of gambling. Don’t put yourself into an easy way to harm yourself. I have had many negative symptoms of my illness that you are describing. They got better once I was stable on my meds.

I DON’T have addiction issues now on Latuda and didn’t gamble, used weed, didn’t do compulsive shopping or had sex since I switched to Latuda over a year ago.

Besides I am very smart in university I wanted to switch to medicine before my SZ. I now have a physiotherapy degree with high grades I can do a PhD if I wanted to but I am unable to work.

Why would a smart guy seek hookers if it wasn’t because of the meds?

Its the low IQ uneducated ppl that seek hookers.

That’s great that you found a med that works for you. Keep yourself on the straight and narrow. You have to work on being a better person no matter what you are on, or experiencing at the time. I understand what you are saying. I’ve struggled with things that you have gone through. I’ve heard countless people excuse their behavior because they have a mental illness. Don’t let your illness rule your life. You can make good choices in your life if you want to.

2 Likes

Girls have more selfcontrol than men especially over sex. Its been proven, maybe that’s why my SZ and meds affeced me more negatively than you.

I wouldn’t say that women have more self control than men. Men are more sexual beings, I suppose we are wired differently. But just because you are a man, doesn’t mean you can’t control yourself. Also, you can’t compare your lives to others. You know nothing of mine. I’ve had my struggles and med problems, as well. We don’t want to say that this person has it easier than that other person. You deal with you.

I’m educated as well. I have a degree in education. It’s not true that only poor people seek hookers.

1 Like

How can a very smart highly educated individual seek hookers? It doesn’t make sense. Only uneducated low IQ ppl seek hookers.

What you say about OFC dysfunction? I have studied what med students study in 2 years, anatomy, neuroacience, nutrition, cell biology, physiology and pathophysiology.

“Destruction of the OFC through acquired brain injury typically leads to a pattern of disinhibited behaviour. Examples include swearing excessively, hypersexuality, poor social interaction, compulsive gambling, drug use (including alcohol and tobacco), and poor empathising ability.”

You can’t control yourself if a med disrupted your OFC or if it gets dysfunctional due to severe SZ.

How can you overcome medical and your body’s limits?

I must also say that I was born premature and underweight. I had developmental delays in walking and talking.