Symptoms on the job

Oh. I’m sorry. That sounds like a horrible boss

1 Like

Thanks…it could just be that I am too slow for the work demand

1 Like

My sz made me slow. Before sz I worked 3 years in a supermarket before I quit to get in university. After sz I was kicked out of supermarket work after a week for being slow. Sz made me dumber, it sucks.

1 Like

I doubt that. It sounds like you had an impossible job with an impossible boss

1 Like

you’re not alone. i tried for years to work a full time high stress level job. as my symptoms worsened i needed more meds. that made me sedated and had absolutely no chance of being productive like the people i worked with. was let go by 6 jobs in 5 years. it’s definitely easier i think to work from home. no people around to make us anxious and paranoid. i’m on ssdi now. best of luck.

1 Like

i really am not sure, maybe. but meds have had a tendency to slow me down. and i did not tell them about my condition.
thankyou for the support @Pianogal

thankyou so much

@Schztuna

sorry i did not mean to derail your thread.

i wish you all the best with the new job and I hope you get to develop your job skill set and enjoy working as part of that team

2 Likes

Yeah symptoms in public are hard to cope with. I use mindfulness and my 5 senses which usually works. I try to distract my frantic thoughts with something else, so hopefully I just try my best to differentiate from what is real and not. Hope it went well today!

1 Like

Good luck on your new job!!

1 Like

No worries @anon51377248! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks so much! :sunflower:

1 Like

Oh that’s a good tip, @anon97970229-- using the 5 senses to ground yourself in your environment.

Going to try that if I have another bout of breakthrough symptoms.

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @Abise!

Hope yours is going well :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes! I had an okay day… was payday, so that was something positive… thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.