Symptoms on the job

Yes best wishes with your new job @Schztuna

1 Like

sometimes i get symptoms like that where my thought patterns from psychosis come back. i havent had hallucinations in a while but sometimes i start thinking the way i would at certains times. like when theres noise coming from another room it triggers me somewhat.

i dont think its should be of much worry as thoughts run wild even in normies its just that for us we associate certain thoughts with certain things due to past experiences. just try to focus on what you’re doing and try not to overanalyze stuff and eventually youll just stop thinking in dialogue and be focused in the moment

1 Like

I prepare. I spend time thinking… what’s the worst thing that can happen? I then think about how I can act and keep an episode in check. You’re probably going to have some minor symptoms because it’s so stressful. Here’s an example of what I do.

Say I have a doctor appointment. The day before, I realize the worst that can happen is I freak out and get psychotic. I would have to go to the ER. Just knowing what might happen makes me not have an episode.

My therapist says it’s on point.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I have faith you’ll fair just fine. stay warm :flamingo:

1 Like

I can’t work. I don’t think clearly enough. And the men come into my workplaces to harass me and that affects my ability to work. At my last job I attempted, the boss said I was really slow. I was moving as fast as I could. I just can’t do it right now. It makes me feel like a loser, but I guess it is what it is.

2 Likes

I was attending school a while back and I kept having thoughts where people can read my thougshts or were looking at me. My psychiatrist said these feelings and thoughts will gradually disappear with time. He was right. I assume yours would too.

1 Like

LOL :rofl:

Yes @anon39054230, it’s a retail position :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you @shellys12 :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Wave! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Word, @cigarino.

All about being in the here and now, for sure.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, @JustTrish :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, having a psychotic episode would be sooo less than ideal. So maybe just thinking about the unwanted consequences might be helpful also.

1 Like

I’m sorry your symptoms are severe enough to cause issues on the job, @CoCo.

Hoping you’re doing well :sunflower:

I worry about not being able to measure up to my employer’s standards because of this illness sometimes.

This is going to be my first fast-paced job while on meds so I’m hoping the Abilify does its thing and keeps most of my symptoms at bay.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, @anon95278303.

Glad those thoughts have faded for you.

Hoping mine will do the same!

Hi llama bud!

Yea, hoping it’s just some minor breakthrough symptoms from the initial stress of being new on the job.

It was a little hairy there for half a minute-- it was like being at square one with this illness again.

I’ll defos take your advice and be extra vigilant with my symptoms and monitor stress levels.

Thanks for the well wishes! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Best of luck to you. I hope it works out

2 Likes

At my last job trial the lady was so demanding that I actually had tears falling down. Lol. How awkward. She had a very specific way of doing things and it sucked.

Just trying to say that I understand about being slow at work.@Pianogal

1 Like

That’s tough. One way to look at it though is that you knew how to do it exactly so your boss would be happy with it

1 Like

I don’t understand?

I just meant your demanding boss was specific enough that you knew how to make her happy

1 Like

She was saying so much stuff and expecting me to process and remember it all which I couldn’t. It was a nightmare.

1 Like