Switching from Invega Trinza to Abilify Maintena

Hey there so I’d just like to make a new topic to document mine and anybody else’s changes with switching from invega Trinza to Abilify. I’ve had 6 sustenna shots and 1 trinza and I am currently 3 and a half months off of trinza. So far I feel no difference. I still have extremely low motivation, uneasiness (agitated feeing), sexual dysfunction, blank mind, cognitive and motor skill issues and depression.

3 Likes

It takes about 6 months for tge side effects of Invega to go away.

3 Likes

I’m on invega sustenna and I feel the same way, trying to get off it now.

1 Like

Trinza may be longer :confused: I can’t seem to get a solid answer on how long it will take so hopefully this page helps someone.

3 Likes

Abilify should help you tbh. Resperidal had similar affects on me, I chose abilify and a lot of those affects improved.

1 Like

I am on Trevicta/Trinza. Thinking of switching to maintena as welk.

1 Like

Hello all, I’d just like to update the forum and state the unfortunate fact that not much has changed. I’m 4 and a half months of trinza so unfortunately this is to be expected. I did around a week ago however have this warm fuzzy feeling in the area of happiness and joy that was quite strong but it only lasted around 5 seconds. Hopefully this is the first sign that something is changing. I’m really missing my emotions since it’s been a year without them. I’m guessing my next update is going to look somewhat similar to this one but I hope not.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hello I’m at the 6 month mark and so far my depression has improved significantly and my thoughts are more calm but that’s about it. It may be also because I’m taking saint johns wart.

1 Like

Hello, I’m at the 7 and a half month mark and I still see no improvements in the areas I’d like to see improvement. My motivation is the same and I still have no emotions and bad cognition. One thing that is getting better however is the sexual dysfunction, so there is that.