Stupid cold weather. DOH!

download (1)

Cold weather lately has been throwing me off my game. Been trying to take dog walks daily but its often cold in the morning when I’m wide awake. Once its afternoon and a bit warmer, I no longer feel like it or am getting tired or something.

I have a couple other things I need to get out and do also, including taking a few pics of outdoor stuff for the forum, but I haven’t felt like venturing out in the cold to get them done. Some of this stuff has been a bit delayed.

How are you coping with the colder winter weather? (If this is a factor where you live).

2 Likes

I’m able to stay inside most of the time, but I also have a nice warm winter jacket. We’ve had some snow this year.

2 Likes

It hasn’t snowed here really, not yet, can you believe it?!?

Except for a couple of days it hasn’t been that cold here also.

I live in the mid Atlantic region of the United States not too far from New York City

2 Likes

The snow doesnt really bother me that much…unless its an extreme amount or gusty winds that blow it around. It only takes a short while for the roads to be cleared and sidewalks shoveled. It’s snowed several times here this year, including the night before last.

It’s mostly the temps that bother me. Not just for myself either. Don’t want the doggie freezing her tootsies off when going for walks.

2 Likes

Yeah I know what you mean @Bowens
Thank goodness the temps have not been below 34 degrees during the day, not in a while.

I mean it gets cold here but for the most part so far it’s been tolerable

1 Like

It was -24 F a couple of days ago. I refused to go to church cuz it was so cold. Now it’s warmed up to -6 F, so it’s not too bad as long as you have proper gear. My dog starts “tri-podding” when it’s cold, where she picks her feet off the ground one at a time cuz the cold hurts her feet. (I tried booties on her before but she just chews them off).

2 Likes

brrrrr. now I feel silly complaining about my temps. lol.

We are having a cold wave now here in Nanjing. This morning the temperature was - 26F. The sun was shining but the air was so cold. My husband and I went to a museum this afternoon. We wore the downjackets but still felt freezingly cold.

2 Likes

I hope you all have good heating! :hugs:

Here in the Midwest we actually haven’t had too terrible of a winter. At least not nearly as bad as our past ones.

I stay inside though most of the time anyways, but I’ve been wearing my Carhartt jacket a lot when I do go outside.

2 Likes

I hibernate inside my house. :laughing:

1 Like

We’re going to have a cold snap with some snow. I’ll take the cold as long as I get the snow. Tired of trying to make pleasing pics when everything is dirty and brown.

1 Like

I’ve been going for walks with a beanie and gloves. Planning to stay indoors today though.

There are days when I feel brave enough to face the cold weather and there are days I don’t

2 Likes

It supposed to snow here right now, but I haven’t looked outside yet. It’s 36F so I don’t know if it will happen or not.

1 Like

we are having a snow storm coming today. i am happy i don’t have to go to work today due to it.

judy