Stable but not back to normal

Would you consider changing meds just to get more out of life? I’m ok with it but I know I used to be more excited about things. Everything is good but I’m still not high on life. Have a bit of flat effect and not really setting any goals like I used to. I really feel fortunate that I’m doing so well. But I’m on haldol and I hear there’s better meds.

Yeah done it a lot. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but it depends on your situation. It’s worth a shot if you’ve reached a dead end.

It’s problematic. Some psych meds aren’t as efficient and even may not work if you stop them and then try to get back on them. Or you need way more than you used to. I did that with effexor. Used to survive on 75mgs or so…going off it then back on it I take 300mgs…was it worth trying out something else…prolly yes. Did it help trying something else. No.

2 Likes

No. There’s too much of a risk that everything could go horribly wrong and then you’ll want to go back on your old meds but then the same dose won’t work anymore so you’ll have to go on a higher dose with more side effects. Something I’ve learned the hard way is if you find meds that are tolerable, even if they aren’t perfect, stay on them. With how meds are currently it’s nearly impossible to find one that will give you no side effects at all. And stability is very important. One that’s tolerable and gives stability shouldn’t be changed.

I badly need stability right now, my brain is chaotic.

1 Like

Every new med change tweaks your brain chemicals a little bit, maybe that tweak could mean more emotional responsiveness and motivation. Aripiprazole really shortened my attention span. On seroquel I could concentrate for more than 5-20 minutes. Recently adding on sarcosine has seen me feeling a bit more emotion. Its really unpredictable man.

1 Like

Yes the more I think about it the more I think I’m good were I’m at. It could be and has been so much worse. A lot of norms have there issues also. It’s not like there is a cure yet. So ,yeah, I don’t know what I was thinking. Thanks for the input guys.

2 Likes