Smoking Bothering My Neighbours

I suppose I do smoke quite often…outside on my back porch.

A neighbour left a note in my mailbox asking me to stop smoking on my balcony. She says it’s wafting through into their windows.

Hmmm…at least it was a polite note. I guess I’ll try something else…not sure what to do though.

Any ideas?

3 Likes

Go downstairs/outside? Lots of people where I live just go outside the apartments to smoke. Lots of people also smoke on their balconies too though.

1 Like

Right now I’m walking out the front door, and going for little walks down the street.

But sure enough, some busybody will accuse me of peering in their windows I suppose.

2 Likes

You could drop off a polite note suggesting that they close their windows…and if that is not possible then they can start paying your rent.

Can’t please everybody.

1 Like

dip. personal air filter (smoke buddy, smoke trap).

1 Like

I’m of two minds on this one.

I mean, it WAS a polite note they left in my mailbox and they could have ratted me out to the Landlord.

But on the other hand I AM smoking outside, fcs!

Hmmm…

1 Like

If it’s not too much of an issue, especially while it’s nice out, walking down the street for a minute to smoke is the polite option.

1 Like

At my old place our landlord did not permit us to smoke on the property so I had to go to the road as well. If you have similar rules in your lease you may have to go to the road. BTDT.

1 Like

I suggest you quit smoking. Smartest decision you could ever make in your life.

1 Like

Coffee and cigarettes…the Schizophrenic breakfast.

5 Likes

I mean, I suppose I could understand if i was smoking weed (which is legal in my country now)…but busting my balls because I’m smoking tobacco outside?? Sheesh!

I dunno, man.

I’m a schizo that doesn’t use either of those. It can be done. I get concerned about older people smoking. I think its okay when you are younger but I think people need to give it up as they age.

1 Like

As a former smoker, I didn’t realize how much smoke was going from my porch to inside my house. When I quit and smelled how bad my daughter’s room smelled, oh wow did I feel bad. Her window was off to the side but a lot of smoke got in, even closed.

Smoking smells awful and if it is getting in their house, it’s only right to find a way to quit or go further from the place.

Maybe you can vape instead? It takes a little getting used to, but unlike smoking you can do it inside and it smells nice, plus not as much coughing and gunk in your lungs.

2 Likes

Why not smoke under the kitchen ventilation with the fan on, I think its called hood range.

Or switch to vaping nicotine which is better if you can’t stop smoking.

1 Like

Yeah I used to have similar problems with neighbors back when I smoked cigs.

I really recommend vaping, like @anon4362788 said.

You have to kind of wean yourself off the cigs. Now that I vape I never get any complaints about odors.

1 Like

The only thing I get is "what is that? It smells delicious "

1 Like

Haha!! Oh I bet. I get all kinds of tasty flavours. Right now I have an oatmeal cream cookie flavor in my tank. :blush:

I had a vanilla cream, but NY banned flavors. I can only get them if I go to PA.

1 Like

I just stick to menthol flaver and stay away from any sugary stuff. Makes the coil dirty and juice goes dark.